Job description / Role
URGENT: GIS Developer
• Monitor GIS services and make sure integrated GIS services are up and running for the modules such as Journey Planner, Map, etc. and fix issues if and when occurs.
• Ad-hoc developments and enhancement of current map services.
• GIS development, migration, and update.
• To support operational activities 24/7 (shift) and enhance customer satisfaction.
• To support the business requirements for the provision of internal applications management services
• Multitasking skills with the ability to priorities work
• Solve problems creatively and effectively
• Work in an Agile/Scrum development process
• Familiarization with each stage of the software lifecycle, including but not limited to user studies, feasibility, estimation, design, implementation, integration, test and acceptance
• Work within a team and have a dedicated approach to working within and meeting strict deadlines.
• Work both independently and, in a team-oriented collaborative environment
• University Degree in IT (Such as BCA/MCA/BS/MS in Computer science, or related)
• Overall 8+ years with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
• Experienced candidate who can develop custom GIS-based web applications.
• Must be well versed with SOAP and REST specifications.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.