Job description / Role
Our client is a leading global engineering company that provides a wide range of service in architecture, interior design, master planning, landscape, urban design across Asia and the Middle East.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop maps using ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap to convey geospatial information to construction, logistics, safety and other project stakeholders in a PMC environment.
• Coordinate with the project departments to develop end-user solutions, including needs analysis, requirements definition, application and database design, data models, application programming, quality control, user training, acceptance testing, and system rollout.
• Managing GIS and inter-operability with other BIM/CAD tools (i.e., Revit, Civil3D, 2D CAD, etc.) to maximize GIS value-proposition throughout the project lifecycle
• Assist the development of technical approaches and methodologies for assisting cross-functional process improvement by developing process maps, information input/output requirements and execution plans for the required tasks
• Setup and configuration control of the project GIS system per project Exchange Information Requirements,
• Assist field geo data collection, workflows and forms using survey 123, progress tracking using Drones/ Lidar per for the approved use-cases
• Integrate multiple data sources accessible thru the GIS portal
• Use GIS data for reporting, dashboarding and trending
• Use GIS solutions to enable project sustainability initiatives including developing story maps, stakeholder engagement
• Perform Quality Assurance Checks on suppliers to ensure supply chain deliverables meet client GIS requirement per the EIR
Qualification & Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering obtained from North America or West Europe
• 12 years post-graduation experience and 6 years similar position
• Experience in infrastructure, road, buildings, waste water, and drainage networks.
• Skills in developing SQL scripts, web based GIS solutions, primarily ESRI ArcGIS, ArcGIS Server, and ArcGIS using Microsoft C #.Net, Python or BA, MS Office
• UPDA/MMUP and Chartered Membership (advantage)
• GCC Experience
• Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia
• Locally available in Doha is preferred
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Planning Engineer - Fitout
One Thousand Walls
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)