Job description / Role
To be accountable for GIS applications on the technical and operational levels, maintain ownership of the Design and different interfaces and integrations between GIS various systems, ensure availability of systems to both internal and external/public user. Maintain and update 3D GIS data model as well as 2D database. Perform day to day GIS activities as required by various business units
• Develop the application layer framework plan.
• Check all GIS data against original AutoCAD drawings (IFC & As Built) and make sure that data is converted correctly.
• Update all required GIS attribute field and make sure these attribute is populated correctly and accurately
• Manage and maintain GIS database for both 2D and 3D
• Produce GIS data analysis as required by various business units
• Produces maps, displays, and figures needed for related activities.
• Administrate ArcSDE database within an enterprise RDBMS. Including schema design,
• Create and running SQL queries, security and Oracle installations.
• Manage the configuration of ArcGIS Servers Including managing and maintaining Arc GIS web server, Arc GIS application Server and ARC GIS database& security Server.
• Manage and maintain GIS infrastructure including VM server, Fire wall and connectivity
• Manage, maintain and update all GIS web scene
• Manage, maintain and update all 2D GIS application
• Develop 2D GIS application as needed by end users
• Manage, maintain and update existing 3D GIS data model
• Manage, Maintain and update existing 3D GIS application
• Develop new web scene as required by end users
• Design, develop and managing large web based GIS applications that can easily be used by different stockholder
• Develop 2D and/ or 3D GIS application for smart devices
• Coordinate with Qatar Center for GIS in all technical aspects and exchanging GIS data as needed
• Manage and Maintain current GIS interface with various other system
• Develop new interface with other system as required
• Prepare short term and long term Business Plan for all GIS Activities
• Plan and organize to fulfill the committed short and long term plan.
• Understanding of GIS data policies, systems, processes and procedures to ensure the consistent performance and service delivery.
• Respond promptly to internal & external customers through Manager – GIS
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in the GIS or computer science or any related field with knowledge and understanding of GIS, real estate operations and Property management disciplines.
• Engineering back ground preferred
• 7 - 9 years of post-qualification experience in GIS with proven track record in large scale centralised property operations environments.
• Strong knowledge of full GIS database life cycle, with good capacity of maintain an manipulating large scale data Strong Understating of SQL server as well as Oracle server
• Strong knowledge of all ESRI software products from server side and desktop side.
• Excellent general programming skills using various programming language
• Strong knowledge of GIS application development both on desk top as well as smart devices
• good Understanding of AutoCAD drawings data
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
About the Company
Orion Engineering was established in 1987 to supply Engineering personnel to the Oil and Gas Industry. Since then the company has grown significantly and presently has in excess of 4000+ personnel on secondment worldwide.
Our blue chip client list includes major oil companies such as Shell, BP, Chevron Texaco and Exxon Mobil and major engineering contractors and suppliers such as Technip, Wood Group. Talisman and Wormald Tyco.
The division has offices at various strategic locations throughout the world including London, Houston, Aberdeen, Lagos, Doha, Singapore and 5 offices throughout Kazakhstan.