Job description / Role
Stantec is currently looking for a GIS Specialist to join our dynamic construction supervision team in a site-based role in Doha Qatar, to support GIS, asset management, and PowerPoint presentations to client management concerning the ongoing delivery of new, critical stormwater drainage improvements for specific developed communities in the city.
The construction project largely comprises the addition of new drainage pipelines for flooding hotspot areas with inadequate drainage.
Some of the key job responsibilities of this role entail this following:
• Create new GIS web mapping applications for use by GIS staff. Interfaces GIS and other software such as EAMS and CRMS to construct easy to use applications for out on Site
• Interpret as-built drawings, maps, graphs, aerial images, recognize and resolve discrepancies in data and take necessary action to ensure quality of information is accurate and acceptable
• Provide technical input and supervise technical input of cad technicians within RMD discipline
• Review and resolve day to day questions and issues that may arise from RMD staff through the use of Maximo EAMS integrated with Ashghal GIS
• Create and manage online tools using spatial data; designs and implement spatial databases in SQL or ArcPy
• Gather, verify, input and maintain accuracy of spatial data received from a variety of sources such as DNO&M and RMD staff, contractors and suppliers
• Bachelor degree in Geography, GIS or Spatial Science, or similar
• Minimum of 10 years’ work experience in the utility sector including minimum 7 years’ experience in GIS
• Professional qualification such as CGeog (GIS) or GISP Certification – advantageous
• Working and recent knowledge in ESRI GIS Software Suite including web mapping
• Working and recent knowledge in Autodesk AutoCAD
• Proven knowledge of roads/highways and drainage asset base with a good understanding of the end to end process
• Demonstrate Cartographic skills
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English and Arabic is preferred
• Must have ability to utilize computer technology to analyze data, maintain records, analyze financial data and generate reports
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Roads GIS Engineer (1 to 1.5 Year Contract)
Programme Engineer (Water/Wastewater)
Civil Site Inspector
Power Systems & Information Technology (PSTech)
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||3 May|