Job description / Role
• Apply and consolidate accounting and financial knowledge and skills for the execution of GL activities. e.g. month-end financial closing, cost allocation, Joint Venture master data set up, Cost Flow designs/ set-up, maintenance of Chart of Accounts, whilst demonstrating a sound understanding of the underlying principles, concepts and standards.
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
• Perform as per approved procedures of month- end financial closing activities, ensuring that closing procedures are efficient and reliable, and in compliance with Operations &Maintenance, Joint Venture, and Service Agreements
• Perform financial master data creation and maintenance for QG OPCO, all Joint Venture Companies and Common Facilities (e.g. vendor, customer, cost objects, GL accounts).
• Perform Accounts Reconciliation process for all Qatargas companies, ensuring the propriety of financial reports through a well-controlled Accounts Reconciliation process.
• Interface with other Finance divisions to obtain/provide financial information and utilize financial documents (e.g. statistical key figures, impact of allocation).
• Prepares GL routine reports (e.g. month end closing KPI, vendor monitoring report, accounts reconciliation management report.
• Recommends efficiency improvements to base routines. Normally refers decisions to supervisor.
• Participate in routine and non-routine specific projects within set terms of reference and defined processes. Assist senior colleagues in the preparation of reports. Delivers work following established guidelines and procedures. Collates routine and non-routine data into standard output, supports analysis, processes financial transactions and performs reconciliations.
• Provide advice and guidance to graduates to assist them in delivering the required outputs and promoting their development.
• 5 years of experience in a Finance function in the Oil & Gas Industry.
• Working knowledge of SAP/ accounting systems
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Commerce.
• Proficient in written and spoken English.
• Computer literacy, including working knowledge of business software programmes and SAP.
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external clients
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
A Leading Financial Organization in Qatar
Emirates Refreshments Company
TGC Middle East
BAC Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||3 Feb|