Job description / Role
Primary Purpose of the Job
• Responsible for the overall design and illustrative graphic I visuals for use in presentations, reports, and other documents.
• Serves as principle coordinator for graphic production. Works collaboratively with the department head and/or contributing authors to realize a final product.
• Coordinates all administrative aspects of production, including preparing final designs for presentation, checking and approving color, copy, text format separations, and scaling images for print production.
• Ensures that all parties are informed of and meet deadlines.
• Prepares layouts, designs, art work and formats for use in presentations, reports' and other documents;
• Layout and scale photos, marking them for proper screen values for print reproduction;
• Design, layout, and produce presentations and artwork such as graphs, maps, charts, posters, signs and report covers;
• Organises copy flow and maintains database I bibliographic archival retrieval system of all references used in creation of published materials;
• Oversees and trains graphic assistants;
• Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Graphic Design or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in graphic design with expertise in using MAC and other graphic programs.
• Hands-on experience in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access Power Point)
• Bilingual (Arabic and English) communication skill (writing, reading and speaking) is mandatory for this position.
• Should be able to work with the minimum of guidance.
• Should demonstrate a high degree of drive and initiative.
• Client-facing and strong problem solving skills as well as an ability to work in a multicultural team environment must be well developed and proven.
• Strong presentation skill.
• Strong analytical skill.
• Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual visual ability and originality.
• Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
• Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas.
• Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc.).
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• An understanding of the latest trends and their roles.
• Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
• Works within the framework of approved corporate policies, procedures and standards, while exercising a high degree of independence in selecting methodologies to perform tasks related to performance of Project Coordinator's roles and responsibilities.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.