Guest Service Manager
Job description / Role
The Guest Service Manager's primary responsibility is to improve the guests experience through the management of concierge, bell desk, drivers, doorman, airport greeters and associated departments. The Guest Service Manager also holds accountability for instilling consistency of the hotel and Fairmont standards as well as generating and promoting ideas to enhance the luxury experience.
- Approach all encounters with guests and colleagues in a professional and personalized manner
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Fairmont standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel
- Coordinate with VIP manager the arrival, departure, and special needs of VIP and loyalty guests
- Run and distribute daily VIP and loyalty reports to the appropriate outlets
- Be able to coordinate and inform appropriate departments on guest and group deliveries
- Understand and communicate promotions and enhancements effectively with colleagues and guests
- Ensure seamless coordination of all guest arrivals arranged through hotel
- Manage airport greeters/concierge and conduct audits at the airport monthly to ensure consistent service standards met at all times
- Assist Chief/Head Concierge in the management of the Concierge department
- Manage Bell captains and bell staff to ensure engaged, efficient service provided to guests in every interaction
- Serve as a general Guest information source. Act as a salesperson for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
- Oversees group business, reviewing and ensuring details of group resumes are met and serve as a liaison with the group organizers
- Assist with additional Front Office tasks, such as check in or checkout at the main desk, as requested by the Front Office Manager or Assistant Managers
- Ensure proper staffing levels throughout the departments varying depending on hotel needs
- Ensure payroll guidelines are being met and followed specified by the forecasted budget
- Maintain consistent and effective flow of communication between shifts among fellow managers and colleagues
- Assist Front Office Management in motivating staff to reach goals and objectives
- Actively participate in training and continuing education of Front Office staff
- Oversee supervisors complaint and request log
- Log all absenteeism and employee lateness
- Oversee inventory levels pertaining to supplies on an as needed basis
- Conduct colleague performance evaluations on a timely basis, including corrective action and coaching. Directly influences the future effectiveness of the hotel through involvement in recruitment, hiring, training and motivation of Uniform/Guest Service colleagues.
- Controls and provides feedback on labour and operational expenses
- Adheres to and promotes the Company's Health and Safety policies to ensure a safe work environment and knowledgeable all safety and emergency procedures
- Cover Duty Manager shifts as required
- Complete projects in a timely manner as required by the Director of Rooms, Hotel Manager and General Manager
- Be able to participate proficiently in functions outside one's department when called upon
- At least 2 years of front office hotel management experience
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills, professional presentation and sophisticated communication skills
- Must possess leadership skills and be able to motivate colleagues through difficult points within the operation
- Proficient in the English and ***local language*** (verbal and written). Third language an asset.
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever changing environment
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Must be able to endure physically long periods of standing as well as occasional movement of luggage
- College degree or equivalent preferred
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from various sources and consider, adjust, or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co workers and Guests
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.