Job description / Role
Job Description - Handover and Completion Division Manager
The position is responsible and accountable for all Hand-Over and Completion works and activities for the EPC-1 Contract from start of detailed design and engineering through construction activities at RLIC Site to hand-over to Operations Expansion and Start-up Department.
- First located at the EPC-1 Contractor home offices, for a period of about 18th to 24 months, the position shall then relocate to Site when the completion activities (Utilities) have started.
- The position reports to the EPC-1 Project Manager and have full delegation to undertake all works, activities and coordination pertaining to hand-over and completion.
- The position shall directly interact with its counterpart at EPC-1 Contractor on the premise that both COMPANY and EPC-1 Contractor organizations are "mirroring".
- The position includes a strong coordination and interaction with the Area Division Manager(s), quality, information management, engineering, construction and commissioning teams.
- The position includes strong coordination and interaction with the Head of Planning or Planning and Schedule Specialist in order to keep a close control on the schedule and key Project and Progress Milestones related to hand-over and completion activities, including associated database, documentation and certificates.
- The position includes strong coordination and interaction with the end-user and full support to the Project Manager EPC-1 at hand-over stages.
- Undertakes complex tasks and acts as a source of guidance to the Team and Stakeholders - bring solution and provide support but not generate "micro-management" or unnecessary works to the Team and/or the EPC-1 Contractor.
- Ability to identify problems quickly and determine root cause and develop plan to mitigate or resolve them.
- Ability to utilize a systematic approach to problems solving that ensures accuracy, timeliness and quality of documentation that supports the resolution.
- Takes initiative, based on experience to deliver timely results.
- Be inventive, in particular when at Site, to bring technical and execution solutions that favour a safe, but flawless construction execution and transition to commissioning activities.
Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
- Full autonomy and initiative however accountability over scheduling and planning of the works within his area of expertise.
- Organize and drive efforts of the Team and Stakeholders to achieve Project objectives.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice. Understands organizational authority and seeks appropriate line management approvals as required.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Certified Engineer, Bachelor degree in engineering or project management.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of experience as process engineer, systems engineer, commissioning engineer, including managing a team; either as client of contractor.
- Demonstrates sound written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate at all organizational levels, in particular when at Site.
- Fully conversant with specialized software and Systems Commissioning Database, organized and methodical.
- Experience with major and first tier EPC Contractors, Sub-contractors and Vendors involved in the oil and gas industry.
- Demonstrate ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Capabilities to take workload and meet deadlines.
- Certified Engineer, Bachelor degree in engineering.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- More than fifteen (15) years in Project Execution, with a strong background in commissioning, hand-over and completion activities of large green field construction activities.
- Proven experience with Advanced Work Packaging (AWP) methodology and systems completion management and associated databases (SCDB).
- Experience with multi-cultural type Projects.
- Experience with LNG Projects.
Technical and Business Skills
- Technical background as a discipline engineer, preferably process and experience as a Project Engineer, Commissioning Engineer or Manager, with solid Project Execution experience.
About the Company
LA Recruitment Ltd and it's associated companies (LA Recruitment WLL, LA Recruitment USA Inc and LA Recruitment & Management Services Ltd) have been leading the way in delivering experienced, qualified direct hire and contract personnel to the Oil & Gas and Construction industries for 30 years.
We are involved in the placement of Engineering, Commercial, Project Support, Marine and Technical personnel.
With our Head Office based in Aberdeen, UK and additional offices in Qatar, Houston and Malaysia, we offer support to many of the world's leading Oil & Gas, LNG and Construction companies.
Operations Director - Facility Management
MAYKS HR Consulting
A Leading Real Estate Company In Qatar
Construction Manager (Resident Engineer)