Job description / Role
Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you design the unthinkable?
Can you think international and still act local?
WSP are looking to appoint a Handover Engineer who will liaise and work with builders of Large-scale Capital projects within their related Scope of Work during Design, Construction , Completion and Handing over of Assets to DNO&M Department and prior takeover to ensure compliance with Project Standard requirements and delivered for Safe Operations and Maintenance.
* Identify all projects required to be transferred to DNO&M regardless of their build resources.
* Identify and communicate tasks and quality expectations to all members of the project team.
* Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to identify and follow up on progress of handover activities.
* Coordinate and attend inspections at various stages of the Project until the Project reaches final completion, ensuring that the assets are built to the specified and agreed standards.
* Prepare, implement and ensure completion of project closeut control form for each project handover.
* Ensure all documents relating to the completion and takeover are in place and where appropriate signed off (i.e. closing snag lists, spare part delivery , as-built and/or DNO&M manuals submittals, training, commissioning and licenses)
* Ensure accurate and timely status and traceability of each project (including NOCs, partial/final completion certificates from DNO&M)
* Provide Asset Information Group with final completion certificate to ensure all assets are added to the Asset Register as per scope of contracts.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
* Minimum of 5 years experience in project management, ideally in Drainage projects, including minimum 1 year dealing with the takeover of asset/service provider related projects.
* Knowledge and experience of QHSE procedures and regulations
* Experience in Microsoft Office preferred
* Experience in Qatar a must.
* Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in either Arabic/English.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Corporate QA QC Engineer
QA Engineer (Construction Assurance Engineer)
QA QC Engineer
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar