Job description / Role
Scope and Objectives
To perform daily maintenance, maintaining stock levels, and ensuring rooms and corridors are in working order to deliver a high standard guest service.
Example of Duties
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Snagging and de-snagging.
- Supporting other department team member in case something is needed related to masonry works.
- Ensures the application and the execution of a good preventive maintenance program for related equipment and machineries.
Performing these duties requires experience in using basic hand and power tools and the ability to stoop, kneel, grasp, lift, push and pull weights up to 80 lbs., climb ladders up to 40 feet high and reach in all directions, often times overhead.
Assimilate the Accor Mission, Vision & Values culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Accor from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all team members are required to fully comply with Accor rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the hotel facilities. Team members who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager."
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Performs basic tasks including painting, clean facilities and managing maintenance repairs.
- Detects and reports the need for major maintenance repairs
- Regularly checks community spaces to identify issues with litter, mechanical failure and breakdowns.
- Responds to guests' maintenance requests in a timely and professional manner
- Repairs plumbing, electrical and safety systems.
- Maintains the cleanliness of outside spaces such as parking lots and sidewalks
- Performs maintenance activities in hotel public areas
- Monitors fire alarm/ life safety system as necessary
- Maintains maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed
- Carry out all works as per the country technical regulations and safety standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Follow hazardous Material management program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals etc. using material safety data sheets.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to Shift in charge.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Emergencies - To be available for any emergencies and act in a professional manner to protect our Guests, Staffs and preserve the Hotel Property and its system. Follow Hotel Emergency plan.
- To complete the personal daily job record, time book accurately, and keep ready for inspection
- Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets
Qualification Standards Education
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the position.
5 years of experience as mason in hospitality field.
All Team Members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Talent & Culture
The hotel reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as and when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.