Job description / Role
Being a Pullman employee means embodying and conveying the brand mindset through the values of commitment, adaptability and creativity.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21.
What you will be doing:
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Head Chef to organize the kitchen's activities. You will be the first in command in the facilities and will create and inspect dishes before they arrive at the customers ensuring high quality and contentment.
- Attend meetings with Executive Chef to discuss future business strategy and review ongoing action plan progress, and other departmental meetings as required
- Update menu recipe cards and menu planning for promotions
- Prepares the kitchen in line with level of activity and revised forecasts
- Ensures effective coordination between the kitchen, dishwashing and the different F&B points of sale
- Helps create innovative/modern Italian cuisines that match with the Pullman and outlets concept
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Approve and "polish" dishes before they reach the customer
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Be fully in charge of hiring, managing and training kitchen staff
- Oversee the work of subordinates
- Estimate staff's workload and compensations
- Maintain records of payroll and attendance
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Keeps up-to-date with changes in culinary techniques
- Modifies working methods to comply with the brand philosophy
- Integrates, trains and supervises subordinates
- Helps employees develop their skills to the best of their ability and provides support for career development
- Ensures the whole team is fully involved and motivated, by taking every person's needs into consideration
- Manages the team's work schedule in compliance with social legislation
- Ensures that the staff under his/her responsibility behaves and is dressed to the highest standard
- Keeps track of the standard of services delivered based on guest comments and quality audits
- Makes suggestions for improvement
- Ensures that the equipment and appliances under his/her responsibility are used correctly and kept in good condition by kitchen staff
- Participates in investment decisions for the kitchen
- Respects the budgeted productivity ratios
- Carries out inventories, inputs data and explains consumption differences
- With the team, is continually looking for ways to improve costs and ratios while maintaining the high standard of service
- Draws up a daily report on products that need to be ordered and forwards it to the Purchasing Department, or places orders directly
- Ensures the workplace remains clean and tidy and the due application of the HACCP hygiene rules at all times
- Respects the instructions and safety guidelines of all equipment
- Applies the hotel's security regulations (in case of fire etc)
- Respects the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)
Your experience and skills include:
- Ability to lead and train others
- Strong background in Italian Cuisine
- Flexibility and responsiveness
- Attention to detail and quality
- Well organised
- Ability to work in a team
- The ability to manage a budget and keep accurate records
- Physical and mental staying power
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.