Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
This is an opportunity to work on a complex, long term airport development scheme.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Managing and directing a team of senior managers, senior engineers, engineers and inspectors inspecting all Works to ensure proper quality control and that the work performed complies with all requirements of the contract documents, drawings and specifications.
• Ensuring and reviewing compliance related to projects.
• Establishing coordination procedures, quality assurance and control procedures.
• Following-up mock-up construction and review processes.
• Processing, monitoring and controlling all changes to the work and ensure that design changes are followed through.
• Liaising, coordinating, directing and monitor the activities of PM/CM, design consultants, contractors, suppliers and etc.
• Facilitating the interface amongst various trades/airport systems.
• Coordinating the works on site with the activities of inspection agencies as necessary.
• Establishing and enforcing a comprehensive project safety and security program as defined in the safety program and in accordance with all applicable safety codes and regulations.
• Supporting hand-over to airport operational readiness (AOR) team for airport operation.
• Attending, chairing meetings or workshops as required.
• A recognised degree in architectural, engineering, project or programme management.
• Minimum 25 years of formal engineering or architectural training in large/complex building.
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience in large international airport projects.
• Knowledge of building construction, materials systems and trade practises.
• Proficiency in IT - MS Office.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package that includes a competitive salary, private medical insurance, 1 volunteer day a year and other location-specific allowances.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.