Job description / Role
Head of Credit Risk - Doha, Qatar
On behalf of our client, a large financial institution based in Qatar, Swisslinx is currently seeking a Head of Credit Risk to join their offices in Doha.
In this role you will be working in the Credit Risk division and reporting to the Chief Risk Officer. You will be undertaking the following tasks:
• Responsible for managing the bank’s quality of financing assets
• Leading the Credit Risk division so overall divisional budgets and objectives are achieved
• Implementing effective credit policies and procedures
• Developing the strategy and business plan to ensure full alignment with the organizational business strategy
• Liaison with internal and external auditors
The successful candidate should have the following skills:
• 10 years’ experience in credit risk with at least 5 years at senior management level
• Bachelor degree in Finance (finance related) with preferably MBA and internationally accepted credit risk management certification
• Islamic banking experience
• Fluent English and Arabic communication is mandatory
• Strong leader with strategic thinking, communication, analytical and compliance & regulatory reporting skills
If you have the relevant skills and experience and feel you are right for the job, please apply of this vacancy below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.