Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is a major international company, currently in need of a Head of Insurance to be based in their Doha office.
• Leading the Group Insurance department in the development and maintenance of an effective risk assessment framework for insurable risks in the country
• Leading Group Insurance for the definition of the insurance needs of the business, whilst complying with the Group Insurance Management Policy
• Defining the insurance strategy for the company, with the aim of ensuring optimal risk allocation to the market, complying with regulatory and contractual arrangements whilst minimising overall “cost of risk”
• Ensuring the procurement of the best value insurance coverage and related services at the best prices for both Global and Local Insurances
• Effectively managing all the activities related to insurance programmes and contracts, and ensuring control over insurance documents issuances, and document evidence compliance
• Managing the relationship with the insurance market
• Managing insurance claims and managing relations and communications with the insurance companies, insurers’ engineers, and loss adjusters
• Leading the Global Insurance department for the negotiations with the insurance brokers and insurance companies of specific claims management procedures to be fulfilled in case of a claim
• Ensuring the provision of information on claims containing a qualitative and quantitative view of all business pending unsettled claims, Loss Ratio trends on settled claims, and claim settlement projections for the year
• Ensuring the provision of all relevant insurance data, ensuring an effective integrated process for data gathering, analysis, quality control and reporting related to insurable risks
• Maintaining the information technology platform with a global view aimed at providing dashboards and dynamic reports to the Executive Management on insurance coverages, costs, underwriting, claims management and claims history
QAR 45,000 to 50,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Degree qualification in Finance or Business Administration, ideally with a professional qualification. Preferably have a master’s in International Business Administration from a recognised Management School
• Preferably an Associate or Fellow of the Chartered Insurance Institute or US equivalent
• At least 8-10 years’ experience in insurance for a large international company, with at least 4-5 years in a similar position or level of responsibility
• Preferably have 5 years’ exposure to the energy and power markets, from an insurance perspective
• Demonstrable history of working with international insurance brokers, loss adjusters, insurers’ engineers, and risk managers
• Excellent knowledge of the Insurance market space
• Previous experience of working in Qatar or other Gulf regions
If you feel that you have the right background of experience to take up this challenging position, then please formally submit your CV along with your current financial package details online.
If your application has been successful, then we will contact you within 72hrs.
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.
Commercial/General Lines Insurance Account Executive/Insurance Broker
A Leading Insurance Broker Company In UAE
Accounts Receivables, Tax & Treasury Manager
Quest Search & Selection
HR and Administration Manager
One Thousand Walls