Head of Learning & Development
Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat)
Job description / Role
Position: Head of Learning & Development
Section: Human Resources
Company : Nakilat
Location : Doha / Ras Laffan
*Preference to be given to Qatari candidates.
Job Summary and Purpose
Develop and facilitate the implementation of Learning and Talent Development initiatives to improve and enhance employees’ knowledge, skills and competencies required to achieve the business objectives of NAKILAT & Joint Venture companies. As well as provide specific emphasis on the development and implementation of Qatarization strategies in support of the human development pillar of Qatar National Vision 2030.
• Design and implement initiatives, programs, and events to support Qatarization.
• Participate with senior management in the formulation of strategies for the development of Qatari employees.
• Ensure PDP’s (Personal Development Plans) are in place and updated as necessary for all Qatari Nationals (current and new employees).
Talent Development and Succession:
• Design and implement talent development programs for Qatari Nationals to ensure a robust and sustainable pipeline of talent for the Company, including but not limited to sponsorships, scholarships, national developee program, and continuing education programs.
• Design and implement a Performance Coaching framework, appropriate for Nakilat and Joint Venter companies, to ensure ongoing development of employees, while ensuring that line managers, coaches, and mentors are trained within this framework.
• Advise on and implement appropriate procedures to identify internal talent, with specific focus on Qatari Nationals.
• Design, develop, and implement a Succession Planning Framework for Nakilat and Joint Venter companies.
Learning & Development:
• Develop and action an annual learning needs analysis and training plan to address identified learning needs.
• Identify suitable training providers available both locally and overseas to deliver learning in line with NAKILAT and Joint Venture companies’ learning needs.
• Plan, coordinate and supervise the provision of in-house and external training services to meet NAKILAT and Joint Venture companies’ training and development requirements.
Performance Management and Development:
• Advise on and implement appropriate performance management and development methodologies for NAKILAT and Joint Venture companies.
• Ensure that a system for performance management and development that covers all phases of the performance cycle is in place and utilized appropriately.
• Manage section staff by overseeing their performance management, recruitment, training and development to ensure high levels of engagement and competence.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment (QHSE):
• Ensure compliance to all relevant QHSE policies, procedures and controls across the section, to ensure that NAKILAT provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Budgets and Plans:
• Contribute to the development of the HR department budget, through setting the Learning & Development section budget, and monitor its expenditure, while ensuring the optimal utilization of all available resources to protect NAKILAT’s interest.
Systems and Processes:
• Supervise and ensure the development of policies and procedures for implementation of all learning and development initiatives; periodically review all learning and development section policies and procedures to identify areas of improvements.
• Provide guidance, support and collaboration to HRBP in all matters related L&D in order to ensure smooth delivery and consistency to Nakilat Joint ventures in all L&D matters. Carry out any other duties as directed by the HR Manager
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Bachelor degree in Business Studies, Business Administration, Human Resources or any other related field.
• Master’s Degree is preferred.
• 8-10 years of related experience of which a minimum of 3 years in managerial position.
• Previous experience in Oil & Gas industry and regional experience is preferred.
About the Company
Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd. (known as Nakilat, which means carriers in Arabic) is a Qatari-listed shipping company established by the State of Qatar to own, operate and manage LNG vessels and to provide shipping and marine-related services to a range of participants within the Qatari hydrocarbon sector. Nakilat is an integral component of the supply chain of some of the largest, most advanced energy projects in the world undertaken by Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, RasGas and their joint venture partners for the State of Qatar.
Nakilat was established in 2004 and is a joint stock company owned 50% by its founding shareholders and 50% by the public. Nakilat owns 54 LNG vessels, making it the largest LNG ship owner in the world. Our fleet of vessels transport LNG produced from Qatars North Field, the worlds largest non-associated gas field with approximately 15% of the worlds total proven reserves to global markets. These vessels, ordered from Korean shipyards, incorporate the latest technology for safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation of LNG.