Job description / Role
- Review the planning and preparation and direct the execution of all aspects of the offshore installation requirements of the project, for jackets, topsides, bridges, pipeline, and cables, as well as Hook-Up (HU) activities until Ready For Commissioning, ensuring all key objectives are achieved or exceeded.
- Ensure the install ability of the design is consistent with established industry processes and effectively manage operational issue resolution through strong interfaces with both company and contractor teams delivering full alignment on the installation execution.
- Through his broad offshore installation knowledge, he shall ensure that the different offshore campaigns are performed safely and efficiently during every phase up to the final offshore installation and hook-up as applicable, and be available "on call" and responsive to help solve all operational issues during that process.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Determine, uphold and inspire safety, health, environment and quality performance for all offshore installation and HU activities during the execution of the work scope via demonstrable leadership and compliance with all relevant safety, health, environmental and quality procedures and policies to promote in particular a safe work environment and inform
- Management immediately of any safety issues incompatible with Company procedures
- Supervise work in full compliance with Company Standards of Business Conduct and Company Project Management System (QGPMS) ensuring EPCO contractor fulfills his contractual requirements and provide support as necessary to address identified capability gaps.
- Ensure delivery of COMPANY EPC-Offshore Project offshore installation and HU work scope (CAT1 Mega Project with estimated CAPEX budget of >$2bn) in accordance with agreed schedule and budget, while meeting the intermediate critical milestones and managing
- Review and ensure CONTRACTOR execution plan, schedule and associated procedures for installation of facilities (jackets, topsides and bridges), pipelines and cables as well as HUC activities are compliant with the Contract and Scope of Work, in particular in terms of safety and quality, that all relevant risk assessments have been performed and that contractor will deliver the different facilities as per the agreed schedule
- Manage the offshore installation operations and HU activities, with regular site trips, especially for critical activities, ensuring strict adherence to procedures and ascertaining that any changes to scope shall follow a strict MOC process, developing recovery/contingency plans for contractor consideration to address any delays, ensuring timing is in accordance with approved project schedule. Provide execution data (narrative, charts, graphs, etc.) and KPIs for the weekly and monthly progress reporting and stewardship in respect to the delivery of offshore installation and HU activities.
- Direct and supervise all offshore installation and HUC activities effectively until RFSU while ensuring impact on Operations is minimized and timing of the workscope is in accordance with the approved project execution schedule and aligned with stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure a close liaison with the Project Management Team (PMT), in particular with the Construction and Installation Head and maintain alignment between EPCO team, other related PMTs, and Company Operations on project execution plans, needs, objectives and requirements.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with CONTRACTOR, stakeholders and customers ensuring alignment on project delivery including interface agreements and execution plans
- Cooperate with review teams and support post-audit activities with respect to contract administration and subcontracting process improvements.
- Qualifications Strong field and execution experience is a must, degree is optional.
- 20 years' of major oil and gas offshore project experience with previous supervisory roles in Installation and Hook-Up within an
EPCIC contract execution environment.
- Knowledge of heavy lifts and construction activities of offshore platforms and pipelines by a Main Installation Vessel, and having offshore experience supervising such activities on board the vessel.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of design standards, specifications, codes, and safety criteria related to transportation, offshore construction, installation, and HU, together with EPC contract management and knowledge of offshore facilities and structures design, construction and operations.
Technical and Business Skills - Excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Strong technical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
- Strong leadership, coordination and interface skills.
- Good negotiating and influencing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
About the Company
LA Recruitment Ltd and it's associated companies (LA Recruitment WLL, LA Recruitment USA Inc and LA Recruitment & Management Services Ltd) have been leading the way in delivering experienced, qualified direct hire and contract personnel to the Oil & Gas and Construction industries for 30 years.
We are involved in the placement of Engineering, Commercial, Project Support, Marine and Technical personnel.
With our Head Office based in Aberdeen, UK and additional offices in Qatar, Houston and Malaysia, we offer support to many of the world's leading Oil & Gas, LNG and Construction companies.