Job description / Role
Primary Purpose of the Job:
• Responsible for day-to-day management of Project Support Office.
• Head of Project Support Office must work closely with all the members of project management team to ensure trouble free operation of PMWeb.
• Assign duties to the staff of the Project Support Office, and monitor their performance and quality of works. Includes providing proper quality control and adequate supervision to ensure the proper execution of works to the highest standards.
• Day-to-day management and work prioritization for the staff of the Project Support Office (PSO).
• Daily review of the log of Support Desk Requests with the Support Desk Team.
• Hold joint discussion with the Support Desk team and the IT Department (HICT), as appropriate, regarding any escalated problems of a serious nature.
• Discussion and action planning for System Improvement Requests with the Support Desk team.
• Organize top executive approval or rejection of specific System Improvement
• Requests and associated action plans.
• Organize, act as Chairperson and formally record all Management System
• Review Meetings, held once every three months or other frequency agreed with the top executives.
• Organize, act as Chairperson and formally record all Stage Gate Reviews, recommending to the top executives whether to hold the project at the gate until remedial actions are carried out, or to allow the project through the gate
• Check the feedback from all induction training sessions delivered by staff of the
• Project Support Office and take action if necessary.
• Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in information technology or Computer Science or equivalent
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from recognized Project Management Institution.
• s ISO 9001 Certified
• Minimum 15 years' experience in project Management, business process management and documentation.
• 10 years' experience in implementation of PMO technology platforms
• Having excellent understanding of construction project management
• Possesses excellent leadership skills and ability to lead, supervise and motivate a
• Project Support office team. Have excellent planning, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Must have thorough knowledge of industry international standards, and ability to interpret for specific application within sphere of relevant disciplines. Communication & negotiating skills as well as an ability to work in a multicultural team environment must be well developed and proven.
• The job holder assumes full responsibilities of managing Project Support Office (PMWeb) for execution of a wide range and significant and prestigious number of concurrently running Projects.
• Works within the framework of approved corporate policies, procedures and standards, while exercising a high degree of independence in selecting methodologies to perform tasks related to operation of PMWeb, and in providing expert advice on a wide variety of technical issues related to operation of PMWeb.
• Evaluate and provide mitigating solutions and actions for particular, critical technical issues related to operation of PMWeb.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Executive Director - PMO
|Saudi Arabia||16 Aug|
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
One Thousand Walls
|Abu Dhabi||15 May|