Job description / Role
Position: Head Purchasing & Logistics
Section : Procurement and Supply Chain
Company : Nakilat - Keppel Offshore & Marine Ltd
Location : Ras Laffan / Qatar
Job Summary and Purpose
This role encompasses the operational leadership and management of all staff responsible for Purchasing, Logistics and Expediting within Procurement & Supply Chain. It is a key leadership role which recognizes the importance of this key function to NKOM’s on time delivery of goods and materials by road, sea and air, and is responsible for all day to day operational management, policy compliance & improvement and professional management of the Purchasing, Logistics & the Expediting Team. The incumbent is the N-KOM point of contact responsible to co-ordinate with Nakilat for the delivery standard of centralized Logistics services.
The role demands high level communication skills to influence internal stakeholders across all projects as well as key external parties including vendors, freight and logistics providers. The success of this role will be measured in goods and materials delivery performance across all relevant projects. The role is a key link between the Purchasing function, expediting function, the Warehouse and Project teams and is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key suppliers, Freight & Logistics providers on a global, regional and local scale for tendering, negotiations, contracting, legal consideration, closure, management of risk, as well as management of critical success factors such as security of supply and delivery performance.
• Manage and mentor the Purchasing, Expediting & Logistics personnel within Procurement & Supply Chain.
• Provide high level support and assistance to all bids and proposals for relevant new build, repair and refurbishment / retrofit projects
• Manage and oversee all Freight and Logistics providers required for all the relevant projects and their associated activities on time and budget.
• Report progress on all Freight & Logistics pertaining to EPC projects to the Manager Procurement and to the Project team
• Manage and operate the current SAP system relevant to the whole Logistics function.
• Manage Strategic purchasing and Tenders as per NKOM Policy and Procedure.
• Conduct negotiations with suppliers across the whole spectrum of local, regional and global providers, to deliver most economically sound outcomes with lowest risk and highest return for the organization.
• Manage the analysis of all offers and commercial arrangements and recommend the most appropriate outcomes.
• Provide advice and facilitation for the timely delivery of goods from suppliers (e.g. steel mills) to the Project Procurement Engineers within the Procurement & Supply Chain team
• Follow all compliance and auditing requirements for the conduct of ethical and transparent operations including compliance to all NKOM Policies and guidelines.
• Manage and monitor the Expediting of all orders from time of order placement to delivery on site according to Required-on-Site dates embodied within the Project Schedule.
• Develops the procedures related to Strategic Purchasing and Logistics functions.
Key Result Areas
• Purchasing activities associated with Corporate and Business functions are conducted in a fair and transparent manner for all parties involved and in full compliance with the policies and procedures of the organization.
• Improving the way the purchases and inventories are managed in terms of value which accrues to the Organization
• Minimizes the commercial risks during the contract management process and procurement phase
• Degree in Marine, Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics, Instrumentation Engineering. Alternatively, a Degree in Business or Supply Chain and coupled with commensurate experience.
• Minimum 8 to 10 years of Shipyard, oil and gas, or process industry experience, plus high level exposure to customs, excise and import & export laws would be an added advantage.
About the Company
Qatar Gas Transport Company Ltd. (known as Nakilat, which means carriers in Arabic) is a Qatari-listed shipping company established by the State of Qatar to own, operate and manage LNG vessels and to provide shipping and marine-related services to a range of participants within the Qatari hydrocarbon sector. Nakilat is an integral component of the supply chain of some of the largest, most advanced energy projects in the world undertaken by Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, RasGas and their joint venture partners for the State of Qatar.
Nakilat was established in 2004 and is a joint stock company owned 50% by its founding shareholders and 50% by the public. Nakilat owns 54 LNG vessels, making it the largest LNG ship owner in the world. Our fleet of vessels transport LNG produced from Qatars North Field, the worlds largest non-associated gas field with approximately 15% of the worlds total proven reserves to global markets. These vessels, ordered from Korean shipyards, incorporate the latest technology for safe, reliable and cost-effective transportation of LNG.
Procurement & Logistics Manager
|Saudi Arabia||22 Mar|
Senior Purchasing Officer
Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat)
Al Khor Holding
Supply Chain Manager
TGC Middle East