Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Head of Quality and Inspection (Airport) This is a client facing role, supporting a major aviation project based in Doha, Qatar.
Your responsibilities will include
• Managing a team of senior managers, engineers and inspectors to ensure proper quality control and compliance.
• Establishing coordination procedures, quality assurance and control procedures.
• Reviewing and commenting on tender documents, bills of quantities, unit rates, cost estimates and participate in tender evaluation.
• Processing, monitoring and controlling all changes to the work and ensure that design changes are followed through.
• Liaising, coordinating and monitoring the activities of PM/CM, design, consultants, contractors, suppliers, etc.
• Facilitating interface amongst various trades/airport systems.
• Coordinating the works on site with the activities of inspection agencies as necessary.
• Establishing and maintaining good safety and security practices for the entire project in accordance with the safety program and all applicable safety codes and regulations
• Managing testing and commissioning, project close out, including securing warranties, guarantees, and acceptance of the work, contract vendor closeout and handover to airport operational readiness (AOR) team for airport operation.
• Preparing project status for the client’s project director.
• Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Minimum 20 years’ experience in large/complex building.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in large international airport projects.
• Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems and trade practices.
• Good IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
• Solid problem solving, decision making and analytical capabilities.
• Strong leadership and negotiating skills.
• Superior management and organisational skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A relevant degree qualification in engineering.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.