Job description / Role
Our client, one of the largest banking institutions in the MEA region, are looking for a Head of Risk Appetite & Risk Measurement to meet the expansion needs of their headquarters in Doha, Qatar.
This is a critical Risk function providing operational capacity for:
• Risk Appetite Cascade and Measurement Framework
• Expected Credit Loss Measurement and Impairment Forecasting and Planning
• Develop and Implementation of Risk-adjusted Key Performance Indicators aligned to strategic objectives
• Develop and implementation of methodologies for enhanced Risk measurement (i.r.t Enterprise models such as IFRS9, Stress testing) Regulatory Strategy, liaison and Basel Accord Implementation oversight
With management of above sub-functions, the incumbent will provide direct operational and intellectual support to the Head of Enterprise Risk in terms of finalizing management presentations, strategy recommendations, policy notes, and policy liaison with regulators.
• Ensure that outcomes of the Risk appetite and measurement serve and support and provide guidance and documentation for the strategic direction of the bank.
• Ensure that Risk appetite framework and approaches to measurement are in place to control and provide the foundation to track Risk-based performance against strategic targets.
• Develop & implement a comprehensive, centralized approach to the development, continuous updating and the management of the Group’s Risk Appetite Framework and Methodologies. The frameworks are designed to support the Bank’s business strategy and Risk tolerances defined in the overall Risk appetite of the Bank.
• Ensure that there is alignment between the Group Risk Appetite Framework and international best practices. Implement independent reviews and challenge on existing implementation of the framework, identifying areas of potential gaps and /or inadequate application and practices.
• Monitor, control and report Risk appetite utilization associated with Group target appetite and tolerances, as applicable for credit, trading book as well as investment book of business. Develop new, and enhance existing implementations and practices. Prepare proposals for framework deployment and implementation across the group for GMRC and GBRC review and approvals, as appropriate.
• In Risk appetite framework development, assess any change implications jointly with Portfolio Management to understand potential portfolio and strategy impact emanating from methodology changes.
• Coordinate Risk appetite aspects of new product development, with the business units and with Credit.
• Ensure that the framework is aligned with internal corporate governance requirements and regulatory and legal directives.
• Develop & implement Risk appetite reporting and recommendations. Assist in the implementation of the framework and provide support for relevant processes and controls at subsidiary & the consolidated group levels. Closely work with and coordinate modelling activities, with Portfolio Management.
• Provide challenge and independent validation of relevant assumptions that are used within existing or proposed Risk appetite submissions. Ensure that key assumptions have been discussed and covered via the appropriate governance process prior to implementation.
• Ensure adequate reporting framework and systems are in place in various regions to access and follow the applicable policies and procedures.
• Review jointly with Portfolio Management potential new Risk policies pertaining to the assessment of, and recommendations on credit and market Risk policies and procedures.
• Ensure, in conjunction with applicable internal audit, legal, regulatory stakeholders that Risk policies do not contravene regulatory or legal requirements.
• Master’s degree level education, preferable in economics, business, quantitative discipline, management, or a related discipline.
• 10+ years of experience in Credit/Enterprise Risk Management field at a leading financial institution (large, international bank preferred), and/or consultancy, or an actuary firm with expertise in credit approval, credit review and/or policy.
• Excellent understanding and knowledge of banking & capital market products
• A strong interest in developments in the credit and capital markets
• Confidence and ability to communicate effectively with senior professionals and various stakeholder groups
• International and/or cross-border experience highly preferred
About the Company
Allegis Group retired the "Talent2" name and re-branded its specialist recruitment professionals brand to Aston Carter.
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment services to companies requiring highly specialised business professionals. We have an unrivalled commitment to delivering first class service to our clients and candidates across professional disciplines, including Information Technology, Finance, Sales, Risk, Credit, Compliance, Operations, Marketing, Audit, HR and Engineering. Although we are retiring theTalent2 brand, our continued alignment with your company's business objectives will remain unchanged. As part of Aston Carter, our global presence gives us access to additional high-level talent, solutions and industry trends to better grow with our customers.
With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider and the world's largest privately owned recruitment firm.
Head of Risk
Chief Risk Officer
|Abu Dhabi||14 Jun|
Risk and Compliance Manager- Financial Services Brand
Financial Reporting Analyst