Head of Shipyard - HR
Nakilat Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM)
Job description / Role
Position: Head of Shipyard HR
Section: Human Resources
Company : Nakilat Keppel Offshore & Marine (NKOM)
Location : Ras Laffan / Qatar
Job Summary and Purpose:
Responsible for managing and implementing the following in NAKILAT’s Joint Venture companies:
• Organizational Design through managing the development and implementation of the organization development and classifications policies and procedures, in terms of establishing, managing and administering organization design, manpower planning and employee engagement.
• Employee Relations through managing the development and implementation of the employee relations policies and procedures, in terms of establishing, managing and administering multi-tiered approaches of delivering HR services in policy governance, employee services, grievances and disciplinary and separation processes.
Planning and Management
• Partake in the leading the manpower optimization initiatives and in identifying strategies for optimal utilization of the workforce to achieve more efficient structures and more cost efficiency.
• Develop and deliver a robust employee relations and engagement strategy which is aligned to the people priorities, looking beyond today and into the future.
• Continually monitor, maintain, and update employee relations and recruitment policies and procedures, and stay abreast of legal issues relating to employment and employees and propose best practices for all HR policies and procedures in NAKILAT’s Joint Venture companies.
• Design and maintain the rules and principles for the organizational structure creation, such as type of structure, span of control, unity of command, and specialization.
• Manage, review, and update the organizational structuring and the roles and responsibilities design, and conduct periodic reviews to ensure the structures are fit for purposes for NAKILAT’s Joint Venture companies.
• Advise management on change and organizational development requirements in order to meet the business objectives of NAKILAT’s Joint Venture companies based on clear analysis and benchmarks with other leading companies.
Job Families & Competency framework
• Design and update job families for NAKILAT’s Joint Venture companies.
• Design & manage competency frameworks and matrices, including technical, core and leadership competencies to be utilized for the learning and development different initiatives for NAKILAT’s Joint Venture companies.
Manpower Plan and Budget
• Manage all manpower planning and budgeting processes in coordination with the different divisions/departments for NAKILAT’s Joint Venture companies.
• Monitor, control manpower budget implementation and ensure compliance with organizational and financial plan in NAKILAT’s Joint Venture companies.
• Carry out workload analysis exercises to ensure manpower needs are addressed properly for NAKILAT’s Joint Venture companies.
• Collaborate and advise the HR Shared Services Section - Recruitment Unit with regards to implementing the manpower plan and identifying the starting salaries and most appropriate packages for the new hires.
• Conduct employees’ engagement and satisfaction surveys and analyze related results to set recommendations in order to enhance engagement and satisfaction in NAKILAT’s Joint Venture companies.
HR Policies & Procedures
• Maintain & ensure local and global benchmark exercises are in place to establish the most fit for purpose policies and procedures and to ensure they are competitive and abreast of the changes in trends.
• Coordinate the development and update of NAKILAT’s Joint Venture companies’ HR policies and procedures in coordination with the different HR sections and ensure their implementation.
• Manage all employment contracts by monitoring company payroll, approving eligible allowances, benefits, and ensures compliance with Qatar Labor Law and any governmental legal requirement for NAKILAT’s Joint Venture companies.
• Advise management in NAKILAT’s Joint Venture companies on the employee relations policies and procedures and any related matters.
• Ensure consistent application of NAKILAT’s Joint Venture companies’ policies and procedures in guiding/consulting and reviewing complex employee relations concerns.
• Provide support to management in NAKILAT’s Joint Venture companies on employees’ coaching and counseling, progressive discipline, investigations and exits related formalities, code of conduct and policy violations; partner with management to handle performance counseling, attendance counseling, policy violation and conduct related cases, including disciplinary recommendations.
• Formally respond to concerns and allegations by conducting internal investigations into allegations of misconduct, poor performance, working conditions, violations of NAKILAT’s Joint Venture companies’ internal policies and employees’ appeals and grievances; and provide guidance and recommendations for resolution by coaching and guiding managers and employees on compliance concerns, performance management, and investigation processes/techniques.
• Oversee all exit interviews and ensure seamless exit of employees and manage attrition analysis by analyzing exit interviews to identify route causes.
Work Hour Allocation
• Oversee the administration of Work Hour Allocation (WHA) and Labor Hour Allocation (LHA) in SAP as well as the planning, coordination, consolidation, verification, analysis, and maintenance of management reports and time keeping records, for each project in NAKILAT’s Joint Venture companies.
• Bachelor’s degree in business studies, Business Administration, Human Resources or any other related filed.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• A certification in a relevant discipline from an accredited institution is a plus (e.g. CIPD, PHR, and SPHR)
• 8-10 years of related experience of which a minimum of 3 years in managerial position.
• Previous experience in Shipyard industry and regional experience is preferred.
About the Company
N-KOM is one of Middle East's leading shipyards, offering a comprehensive range of marine services as well as solutions for the oil and gas industry.
Strategically located at the heart of oil and gas activities in the Arabian Gulf, Nakilat-Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM) combines a wealth of experience and expertise from its parent companies Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat) and Keppel Offshore & Marine (KOM), to provide repair, conversion and construction services for marine vessels, offshore and onshore structures.
Spanning over 50 hectares, the comprehensive facility is equipped with two graving docks and a floating dock that can easily accommodate VLCCs, quays and piers offering a total berthage capacity of 3,150m, a range of workshops ideally situated in front of the drydocks, more than 500,000sqm of fabrication area and sub-contractor facilities on-site, thus enhancing the shipyard's flexibility and capabilities.
With a team of experienced industry professionals, extensive infrastructure and track record of safe, quality and timely project executions, N-KOM has rapidly established itself as the preferred shipyard in the Middle East.