Job description / Role
Location: Doha, Qatar
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow's possible.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 350 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectiivity systems.
We are currently looking for a Head of Strategy, Marketing & Business Development to join the Thales team in Qatar.
Role & Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with the Country Director and the Regional VP- Strategy & Marketing in order to put in place the Country Strategic Plan and drive business development actions to foster growth in the country.
Strategy and Marketing:
• Build a strong understanding of Thales markets, customer's strategic businesses, operational environments, needs and priorities, competition and local partner's ecosystem. In order to define the multi-year Country Strategic Plan to support growth and reinforce Thales presence in the Country.
• Provide Global Business Units (GBUs)/Business Lines (BLs) with relevant market information to enhance Thales offerings. Ensure that the proposals made in the country take into account a customer centric approach and deliver a value proposition.
• Supply the local Key Account Managers (KAMs) and sales force with business market information and relevant data, to help them entertain strategic level discussions with their accounts, gaining insight on potential challenges where Thales could support them.
• In conjunction with the KAM's & the sales force, contribute to define the best solution (product/system/service) addressing customer needs during the upstream opportunity phase, to facilitate the value proposition pitch development.
• Identify gaps and emerging requirements; perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence. Design and execute formal customer engagement plans and monitor competitor activity for each capture to capitalize on new business opportunities.
• Drive expansion of new business (new customers, new market segments with a particular focus on digital business, develop and follow-up action plans to grow this competitive business. Drive revenues synergies with GBU- Digital Identity and Security.
• Develop and implement new ideas/structures to generate new business.
• Coordinate and direct efforts across business lines to support business objectives.
Desired Experience & Skills:
• 10 to 15 years working experience with preferably a successful experience in a large consulting firm
• Experience of delivering continuous improvement initiatives
• Hands-on experience in data management, financial modelling, reporting, insights of upcoming markets and transform them into recommendations
• Excellent communication skills
• Good relationship building skills
• Demonstrate customer focus
• Master's Degree in Business Administration from a reputed university
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Vice President - Operations Improvement & Strategy
NSI & Bluefin Talent
Marketing Account Manager
Chief Operating Officer
Head of Corporate Planning & Business Excellence
Management Solutions International (MSI)
Corporate Marketing Manager