Job description / Role
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Health and Safety Engineer to join our team! In this role you will get to coordinate closely with the client Quality, Health and Safety Department on safety requirement and reporting to minimize work construction disruption on site.
What You'll Be Doing:
• Advise, guide and support managers in the implementation of Health and Safety practices both on site and within the office environment; working closely with stakeholders to ensure that Health and Safety procedures and policies are being applied on a project level.
• Undertake the role of lead contact to senior management for advice and recommendations regarding Safety related issues.
• Monitor policies and procedures and report any areas where improvement is required.
• Ensure project wide compliance with Health and Safety legislation.
• Proactive acumen and an ability to manage multiple working areas on site are essential.
What Required Skills You'll Bring:
• Degree in Engineering / Health and Safety Management from a recognized University to the approval of the Engineer.
• Minimum of 10 years demonstrable experience, of which 5 years in similar sewerage, surface and ground water networks projects.
• Must have extensive knowledge and experienced in MTBM (micro tunnelling), TBM (Tunnel Boring Machine), confined spaces, underground, deep shaft and voids construction.
• Membership of internationally recognized Safety Association - NEBOSH Diploma or Level 06 accredited UK or equal certification; NEBOSH IGC, IOSH Managing Safety, OSHA 30 Hour & GRADIOSH.
• Hold valid certificate in First Aid / Hazard Assessment (entry to confined spaces, underground structures and works).
• Must have ability to utilize computer technology to analyze data, maintain records, generate reports, etc.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
• Must demonstrate his knowledge of Health and Safety and Environmental regulations, requirements for construction projects and awareness of all hazards likely to existing construction sites. Confined space training, proven updated engineering knowledge via continuous training particularly as to Health and Safety and Environmental issues are required.
• Must possess leadership skills to manage and motivate a tea of H&S Inspectors.
• Must be able to advise and supervise contractors in a broad range of safety and health hazard preventions and enforcement to the contractors and project personnels on sites.
• Experience working in Gulf region is preferred.
What Desired Skills You'll Bring:
• Fluent communications
• Decision making
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.