Job description / Role
The Health and Safety Manager provides expertise and technical assistance to senior operational management for the implementation of the company safety policy by establishing and managing a safety program that meets or exceeds all current standards.
• Represents the company in all safety matters pertaining to internal and external activities.
• Receives assignments in terms of broad objectives from the Corporate Safety Director.
• Reviews, interprets and provides assistance on safety regulations and standards.
• Monitors company safety performance and conducts project audits and safety inspections.
• Participates in the development and implementation of design office and project safety plans.
• Assigns and provides technical supervision of safety performance, qualifications and programs.
• Reviews contractors on bid list with regard to safety performance, qualifications and programs.
• Conducts safety audits through review and analysis of performance of safety records and safety inspections of various offices and projects in compliance with ESHARP Management.
• Participates with labor relations representatives in pre-job conferences to present the company safety policy and explain implementation on the project.
• Assists the Workers' Compensation Analyst in coordinating medical care and case management of employees injured at company facilities.
• Reviews loss control reports from company insurance carriers and regulatory inspection agencies and confers with appropriate management representatives on compliance with regulations and citations.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree in Engineering / Health & Safety Management from a recognized University to the approval of the Engineer.
• Membership of internationally recognized Safety Association e.g. NEBOSH. Hold valid certificate in First Aid / Hazard Assessment (Entry to confined spaces, underground structures and works). Coordinate closely with client Quality, Health and Safety Department on Safety requirement and reporting to minimize work construction disruption on site.
• Minimum 15 years demonstrable experience, of which 7 years in similar large-scale open cut and micro tunneling sewerage, surface & ground water networks projects.
• Must be able to advise and supervise Contractors in a broad range of safety and health hazard prevention and enforcement to the Contractors and project personnel on sites.
• Must have ability to utilize computer technology to analyze data, maintain records, generate reports etc.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
• Must demonstrate his knowledge of Health & Safety and Environmental regulations, requirements for construction projects and awareness of all hazards likely to existing construction sites. Confined space training, proven updated engineering knowledge via continuous training particularly as to Health, Safety and Environmental issues are required.
• Must possess leadership skills to manage and motivate a team of H&S Engineers and Inspectors.
• Proactive acumen and an ability to manage multiple working areas on site are essential.
• Experience working in Gulf region is preferred.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.