Job description / Role
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for monitoring safety measurement and safety inspection of on-site activities.
- Provides safety guidance to contractors and utilizes his expertise to ensure that the contractor is complying with the Clients safety rules and regulations.
- Reviews, interprets and provides assistance on safety regulations and standards.
- Monitors project safety performance and conducts project audits and safety inspections.
- Inspects the construction job site to detect and direct corrective measures for immediate implementation.
- Initiates and conducts accident investigations to minimize recurrence and prepares an investigation report of these records.
- Participates in the development and implementation of project safety plans.
- Assigns and provides technical supervision of safety performance, qualifications and programs.
- Conducts safety audits through review and analysis of performance of safety records and safety inspections of various offices and projects in compliance with ESHARP Management.
- Coordinate closely with Client's Quality, Health and Safety Department on Safety requirement and reporting to minimize work construction disruption on site.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Engineering/ Health & Safety Management from an accredited University to the approval of the Engineer.
- Minimum 15 years demonstrable experience, of which 7 years in similar large scale open cut and micro tunneling sewerage, surface & ground water networks projects.
- Membership of internationally recognized Safety Association e.g. NEBOSH;
- Hold valid certificate in First Aid/ Hazard Assessment (Entry to confined spaces, underground structures and works).
- Must demonstrate his knowledge of Health & Safety and Environmental regulations, requirements for construction projects and awareness of all hazards likely to existing construction sites.
- Confined space training, proven updated engineering knowledge via continuous training particularly as to Health, Safety and Environmental issues are required;
- Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Proactive acumen and an ability to manage work at multiple areas on site are essential.
- Computer skills are mandatory.
- Experience working in Gulf region is preferred.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.