Job description / Role
We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose we take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Health & Safety Engineer to join our award-winning team based in Doha, Qatar.
This position is responsible for providing Health and Safety advice and information to KEO staff and contractors to raise the safety standards and ensure compliance on site.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Monitor and enforce standards of safety in compliance with KEO's Health and Safety Management System and Client requirements.
- Review and inspect work areas determining potential occurrence of safety hazards.
- Observe and ensure staff on site always; wear personal protective equipment, use hard hats and protective footwear, operate construction equipment in a safe manner and follow KEO's safety policies.
- Conduct daily inspections of the projects to ensure compliance and where applicable make recommendations for change.
- In case of emergency determine and investigate the cause of the accident, establish a report and provide recommendation(s) to prevent future occurrences.
- Develop and implement safety policies needed to reduce accident-related costs.
- Regulate set policies soliciting input from managers and workers.
- Provide training to KEO staff on safety as per OSHA requirements.
- To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include a minimum of 15 years work experience partnered with a Bachelor Degree in Safety / Engineering / Environmental.
- Experience in construction preferably in drainage systems / sewage treatment works is essential.
- Applicants must hold a valid certificate in First Aid/Hazard Assessment (Entry to confined spaces/scaffolding) and membership to a known Safety Association i.e. NEBOSH is essential.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work.
We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.