This position is closed or expired.
See other HSE jobs
STR Global in partnership with a Construction Maintenance organisation is currently looking for a Health & Safety Manager (Indian/Filipino) to be based in Qatar.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation;
• Preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy;
• Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced;
• Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards;
• Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
• Leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
• Keeping records of inspections findings and producing reports that suggest improvements;
• Keeping records of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers;
• Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry;
• Producing management reports, newsletters and bulletins;
• Ensuring the safe installation of equipment throughout the duration of the maintenance contract;
• Managing and organizing the safe disposal of hazardous substances, e.g. asbestos;
• Liaise with the consultant on a daily basis to ensure a safe site and safe contract
We are looking for candidates who are:
• Degree Educated - BSc / BEng
• Having minimum industry experience of 5 years.
• Having Excellent communication and report writing skills, and good presentation skills in English.
• Having Driving License
About the Company
STR Global is a niche resourcing solutions business focused on the energy sector. STR Global have a network of 7 offices worldwide - London, Dubai, Doha, Rio De Janeiro, Hong Kong, Perth and Houston. From these locations STR Global is capable of delivering recruitment solutions for any size and location of project.
Our professional recruiters have an understanding of the global energy market and the issues that are relevant to individual locations gained through their hands on experience working directly for clients and contractors in the sector.
We are members of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and follow a strict code of ethics combined with an in-depth awareness and understanding of employment and recruitment law and health, safety and environmental matters.