Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is major company operating in the Middle East. Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking an HSE Policy & Assurance Manager to join their team in Qatar.
• Developing and/or implementing the strategic QHSE initiatives/objectives as part of the company’s Business Plan
• Identifying opportunities for measurable QHSE performance efficiencies and service improvements through robust root cause analysis & trend analysis techniques
• Leading the accurate collation of Health & Safety KPIs and high quality periodic Company H&S reports & dashboards
• Conducting regular HSE Leadership tours, inspections and audits, to ensure compliance by projects, operators, suppliers, and/or maintainers to the HSMS and providing high quality reports to the company’s Senior Management
• Providing briefing updates to project health & safety teams regarding HSMS development and HSE performance
• Ensuring accidents, incidents, or near misses are correctly reported into the company’s incident reporting systems
• Managing and developing QHSE staff, and periodically conducting performance reviews, when required
• Bachelor or Master’s degree qualification in Engineering or equivalent Diploma
• At least 10 years’ experience in implementing and monitoring effective HSMS and processes in line with international best practices, e.g. OHSAS 18001
• Strong background within the construction industry, ideally infrastructure construction projects, interfacing with regulatory bodies
• Membership of a professional H&S institution, with a professional Auditor qualification
• Excellent communication skills, with a strong ability to build relationships with influential people at all levels within and outside the organisation
To apply, please send your CV online, detailing your current financial package and notice period.
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.