Job description / Role
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Heavy Equipment Operator - Airfield and Street Sweeper - Qatar
- Operate Airfield sweepers in accordance with all safety and guidelines to rapidly respond to needed service as directed.
- Equipment may be operated upon any other paved surfaces (parking lots, roads, etc.) not including speed bumps, pop-up barriers, cable trays, cables or any other designated surfaces.
- Sweep with hand tools as required.
- Perform vehicle inspections prior to each shift in accordance with Air Force form 1800, and perform other preemptive maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of equipment and will notify management of any issues and/or breaks that may hamper operations.
- Provide the highest quality service to the Customer in accordance with program requirements, while maintaining safety as the highest priority to support mission activities in the SOW and be available within 4 hours to meet on the installation with Government personnel as required.
- Must have at least two (2) years of airfield driving and operator experience or similar equivalent construction operator experience.
- Must successfully obtain and maintain Flight Line Driving Certification.
- Requires excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license and current passport.
- Must have an Active U.S. Government issued Secret Security Clearance and maintain it for the duration of the contract.
- Must have the ability to successfully pass CENTCOM medical requirements and maintain requirements for duration of deployment.
- Must be able to obtain a Country visa (as required in line with the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide).
- HS diploma or GED required.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience providing excellent customer service in supporting contract responsibilities in an OCONUS environment.
- Relevant overseas experience, preferably in the Middle East with knowledge of local culture and customs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules and under pressure of deadlines while maintaining performance standards.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS
This position may be located in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120-130 degrees Fahrenheit / 50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time.
Amentum will never charge a recruiting fee.
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Company
Amentum is a premier global technical and engineering services partner supporting critical programs of national significance across defense, security, intelligence, energy, and environment. We draw from a century-old heritage of operational excellence, mission focus, and successful execution underpinned by a strong culture of safety and ethics.