Job description / Role
Your grasp of “The Big Picture” helps guide your thinking
You have the foresight to see your everyday business goals as stepping stones to your organization’s larger goals — and this awareness guides your judgement and keeps you strategically on track. You also keep track of business trends, and that enables you to make valuable decisions and recommendations. We will recognize and reward your talents as a player in our organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design horizontal and vertical roadway alignments and super elevation diagrams
• Perform quantity calculations project estimates
• Managing associate engineers in completing project deliverables
• Develop Details to construction, detour, signing and marking
• Coordinate with project team and interdisciplinary technical personnel
• Assists the senior staff in completing the project deliverables
• The engineer at this level is proficient in the utilization of standard engineering theories and practices and company procedures.
• Some assignments involve CAE (Computer aided engineering)/CAD (Computer aided design) applications
• Provides support for other engineering activities as required
• Provides input and technical guidance to CAD designer/drafter, Designer and lower level engineers on the same project
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university and minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the field of highway and roadway design using Microstation and GeoPak design software.
• A thorough working knowledge of AASHTO design guidelines is required.
• Knowledge of the development of renderings using available 3D software is desirable but not required. Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and Excel software.
• Must be fluent in English, both written and verbal and have experience in composing correspondence related to his responsibilities.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.