Job description / Role
- Presenting a positive first impression of the establishment's friendliness, excellent service and high standards.
- The Host/Hostess meeting and greeting customers upon arrival, inform of their wait time, monitor a waiting list, enter guest names in the computer system, show their table and provide guests and patrons consistently unforgettable visits and dining experiences.
- Responsible for providing a warm and friendly welcome to the guest.
- Take table reservations and effectively control the flow of guest in the restaurant ensuring maximum turnover.
- Notify managers of specific guests' needs and requests.
- Receive guest feedback and monitors guest satisfaction.
- Maintain and updates the restaurant guest history file.
- Answer all telephone calls and enquiries in an efficient and professional manner.
- Assist the management in maintaining standards.
- Report any problems in the surroundings (i.e. cleanliness of the floors, tables and service stations)
- Perform all opening / running / closing duties.
- Ensure that the host desk and the surrounding areas are always kept clean and well organized.
- Ensure that sufficient number of menus are available at all time and are in proper condition.
- Responsible for catering to the needs of our guests by suggestively selling our food and beverage items.
- Ensure complete understanding of the operation philosophy of each of our restaurants and conveys the same to inquiring customers.
- Share knowledge of all products i.e. food and drinks.
- Act as a role model to new Employees by displaying a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Should be available to attend to guest complaints at the first level and escalate to managers when required
- Ensure timely table visits are done to ensure smooth operations and collect guest feedback on the dining experience
- Strictly abide by the brand's grooming standards
- Diploma/Certificate in Hospitality is preferable
- Must have minimum 2 years of experience in similar capacity
- Excellent English communication
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and confidence
About the Company
The Ali Bin Ali Group is a privately owned company with a heritage that dates back to 1945. Our roots began with a vision to provide quality international products and services to the people of Qatar. Today our Group is one of the largest retail and distribution companies in Qatar. We are also proud to say we have a long-standing reputation for building successful partnerships with the world's leading brands across a diverse range of business activities. This success is born out of our unwavering commitment to the long-term development and strategic growth of not just our Group but also that of our partners.
Our knowledge of the market is unrivaled. That is what keeps us ahead in an environment of phenomenal growth in Qatar. The Ali Bin Ali Group has evolved and grown in response to Qatar's diversifying requirements.
As a Group, we thrive on innovation, which is the key to our consistent market share results and achievement awards. The Ali Bin Ali Group operations are currently local but our standards are International. Our partners and competitors credit us with an impeccable reputation and with excellent public and private sector relationships. But from our perspective our most important affirmation comes from customer satisfaction across each of our Group's business divisions.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
King's College Doha
Oryx Engineering Solutions
Wataniya Environmental Services Co. (WES)
Equinox Global Investments