Job description / Role
The position is responsible for coordinating the Housekeeping department's back-end operations by ensuring ongoing exchange and follow-up of information and requests between residents and guests, colleagues and other departments. He / She carries the responsibilities of managing FCS, lost and found records and clear documentation at the storage areas along with other administrative duties wherever deemed necessary.
- Front Office Team.
- Engineering Team.
- Butler Team.
- Talent and Culture Team.
- Security Team.
- Food and Beverage Team.
- Laundry Team.
- Residents and Guests.
- Pest control Company.
RESPONSIBLE FOR HOUSEKEEPING OFFICE OPERATIONS IN TIMELY ORGANISED FASHION
- Promotes a positive and inviting image of Raffles Hotel Singapore by ensuring seamless coordination in communicating information to relevant sections in accordance with the hotel's Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Ensures the smooth running of the Housekeeping section by performing all tasks in adherence with the code of ethics as issued by Raffles Hotel Singapore.
- Receives, records and stores lost and found properties following the established lost and found procedure.
- Ensures accurate update of room status into the Property Management System (PMS) and investigate discrepancy (if any).
- Maintains key control and follows established key control procedure.
- Monitors linen runner activities and productivity.
CREATES A WELCOMING EXPERIENCE THAT MEETS RESIDENTS' AND GUESTS' EXPECTATIONS
- Ensures residents and guests receive the experience as detailed in brand SOP, Raffles Hotel Singapore local SOP as well as Leading Quality Assurance (LQA) standards, and aims to achieve the targets set by management.
- Upholds a flawless impression and perception of the Raffles Hotel Singapore products, services and colleagues.
- Prepares amenities for VIP and any special setup required in suites.
- Monitors Royal Service requests and makes sure requests are closed on time as per standards.
- Updates guest's profile into PMS as per received preferences for future references.
- Monitors "Do Not Disturb" rooms and follows the established procedure.
PREPARES DAILY OPERATION NEEDS
- Ensures smooth handover of daily activities to next shift.
- Updates bulletin boards with pertinent information.
- Prepares daily a sufficient amount of guest supplies prior the end of shift.
- Assists Assistant Manager with inventories, linen supplies etc.
- Liaises with Engineering with reference to maintenance repairs and out of order rooms.
- Undertakes and manages the Rooms Reconciliation tasks independently.
INVOLVEMENT AS A MEMBER OF BOTH THE HOUSEKEEPING AND HOTEL TEAM
- Ensures service standards and individual performances are aligned with Accor Values - Guest Passion, Trust, Sustainable Performance, Spirit of Conquest, Innovation and Respect.
- Follows sustainable procedures and practices that support 'Planet 21' initiatives (Accor's Corporate Social Responsibility program).
- Adheres to Work Safety and Health (WSH) policies and procedures.
- Shows care for assigned work areas by organising and maintaining the office and work areas in pristine condition throughout and at the end of shift. Ensures that all equipment used is clean and kept in good working condition at all times.
- Able to organise own work flow to ensure completion of all assigned duties before the end of shift.
- Exercises flexibility and accepts changes with a positive attitude by showing understanding and consideration to the needs of the operations and department.
- Fully understands the difference in guest hierarchy and different room categories.
- Attends and contributes to colleague meeting and any other related activities.
- Undertakes and performs any additional duties as assigned by Managers.
Main Complexity/Critical issues in the Job
- Discrepancy Report.
- Lost and Found Records.
- Key Control Sign Sheet.
- Administrative Data.
Span of Control
- Occ Suites Servicing Completion Target to complete by 3pm daily
- Suites turn down servicing completion Target to complete by 9pm daily
- Lost and Found Inventory Items to keep for 3 months, after which to discard.
- Valuables to be kept for 1 year.
Knowledge and Experience
- Post-Secondary Education.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Computer Skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with multi-cultural awareness and able to work alongside a team of colleagues from different cultures.
- Responsible self-starter capable of handling multi-faceted tasks.
- Service oriented with an eye for details.
- Flexible and able to embrace and respond to change effectively.
- Ability to work efficiently and independently under pressure in a dynamic environment while still contributing to the team.
- Self-motivated and energetic.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Housekeeping Store Supervisor
Acciona Facility Services Middle East
Housekeeping Linen Supervisor