Job description / Role
The position will be responsible for handling GU-Q employee housing services, to include purchasing and arranging of necessary housing supplies, managing and updating housing inventory lists, updating storage items and maintaining housing-related documentation. The position will work up to 25 hours per week and the anticipated duration of the contract is 6 months.
As this position is based in Doha, Qatar and offers no relocation assistance, Georgetown University in Qatar is looking for locally based candidates. This is a non-sponsored position that requires all applicants to already have the necessary sponsorship to live and work in Qatar.
- Maintain housing-related documentation, including standard operating procedures and inventory lists
- Purchase and arrange necessary items (such as appliances, food) for new employees arriving to the University housing
- Check and update First Aid kits stock, AEDs, first aid certifications and associated information for distribution in the community
- Review and maintain housing storage items both within GU-Q building and in leased accommodation
- Perform quarterly checks of the available stock of items related to the emergency preparedness
- High School Diploma (Bachelor’s degree preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience in business management or business-related activities dealing with customer service, preferably within housing or facilities management area
- Valid Qatari Driving license and own vehicle for required commuting and purchasing of goods
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Good understanding of soft services within a Facilities Management
- Previously demonstrated multi-tasking ability in a results-oriented environment
- Ability to work with Microsoft Office, Helpdesk systems and other computer-related software
- Prior experience with a 5-star facility a strong asset
About the Company
Georgetown University in Qatar (GU-Q) is located on the Education City campus in Doha, Qatar and offers a variety of lifelong learning opportunities for the community. The four-year Bachelor of Science in Foreign Service (BSFS) degree program is delivered by the world renowned Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service with a curriculum that is identical to that offered to students in Washington, D. C. Each year, GU-Q admits a class of approximately 75 students, primarily from the Middle East, South Asia and Southeast Asia. GU-Q is sponsored by Qatar Foundation and is one of six American universities located within Education City. All students have access to a superb range of recreational and housing facilities offered by Qatar Foundation and they take classes in classrooms equipped with state of the art technology. The campus currently boasts the presence of the largest public access library in Qatar. The compensation, benefits, terms of employment and professional development opportunities for GU-Q faculty and staff are highly competitive.