Job description / Role
The successful candidate would support Ashghal's Qatarisation objectives across both the Drainage Networks Operations and Maintenance (DNO&M) and Roads O&M (ROMD) Departments within Ashghal’s Assets Affairs business, as part of its on-going transformation in line with Ashghal’s Mission, Vision and Values.
The key responsibility of the HR officer would be to support a range of work activities including PWA’s Qatarisation initiatives, orientation and on-boarding, establish and maintain work progress reporting, facilitate effective communications between employees, Ashghal management, Corporate HR, and support performance management.
Some of the other responsibilities include:
• Support Workforce Planning activities and tasks for the DNO&M and ROMD departments
• Develop and conduct employee surveys / pulse check(s) to identify areas for improvement – prepare reports and support communication to stakeholders
• Keep up-to-date documentation and reporting records
• Bachelor’s degree required (graduate degree preferred in the field of Human Resources Management, Organisational Psychology, Organisational Behaviour)
• Skills to work independently and in a large project team setting, with diverse stakeholders
• Excellent organisational, meeting planning coordination and project management skills
• Organised, independent, and self-motivated with a team player attitude
• Excellent communication skills – Arabic (preferred)
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Minimum 4-6 years within a structured HR Department, preferably in Nationalisation, and the Performance Management and / or Training and Development function
• Experience on people-related practices and procedures
• Experience in GCC is required
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Assistant HR Manager
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)
HR / Recruitment Officer
Al Khor Holding