Job description / Role
• Senior HSE Manager need to monitor the performance of the Consultants and Contractors with respect to Health and Safety Execution of Health and Safety audits across the projects in the Area Ensure PMC HS policies, alerts and guidelines are communicated across the Area and then subsequently review their implementation at the project level.
• Review Health and Safety plans and procedures prepared for compliance with project Health and Safety policy and QCS guidelines Support the Consultants and Contractors in the implementation of Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Collation and reporting of Health and Safety monthly activities and statistics In conjunction to develop and implement action plans to improve Health and Safety performance across the Area
• Provide Health and Safety technical expertise to PMC staff
• University degree from a recognized university.
• Formal occupational health and safety qualifications ( eg NEBOSH diploma as issued in the UK).
• Proficient in English, written and spoken
• A minimum of 15 years experience in developing and improving HSE systems related to the construction of major road and infrastructure projects.
• Knowledge of HSE system standards, such as ISO, OHSAS, or similar.
• Experienced in the collection of accident and incident data on construction projects, the calculation of performance measures, and preparation of reports for senior management.
• Demonstrated performance of improving HSE outcomes for organizations involved in construction of large scale infrastructure.
• Experience in implementing safety systems at the construction phase of projects.
• Knowledge and experience of planning and implementing traffic management on major highway type projects.
• Knowledge of issues affecting the health and safety of construction workers in the Gulf region, and ameliorative measures to address them.
• Knowledge of environmental impacts related to construction in the Gulf region, and ameliorative measures to address them.
• Knowledge of cultural issues that may impact on the ability of a diverse workforce in complying with HSE systems, and ameliorative measures to address them.
• Desirable to have experience of working in Qatar or the Gulf region
About the Company
Ignite is a specialist Construction and Property Recruitment Consultancy. We are experts in the Middle East and Asia markets which we service from our offices in the UAE and UK.
Our consultants operate in a niche market making them experts in their sector. This allows us to offer our clients and candidates expert market knowledge whilst building long term relationships.
We pride ourselves on recruiting Construction and Property staff of all levels and disciplines. We offer the same high quality service whether you are recruiting or seeking work from Engineer through to Company Director level.