Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
As part of our ongoing collaboration with Kahramaa, WSP are looking for Health and Safety Engineers to ensure that Health & Safety policies and procedures are effectively embedded in the project in compliance with local and international rules and regulations
A typical week would include:
* Manage the health, safety and environmental arrangements for the project against the WSP HSEQ Management System requirements, to ensure the protection of our people.
* Manage HSE Inspectors to ensure they are monitoring the implementation of health and safety arrangements at project site level, in accordance with legal and client requirements.
* Review and approve contractor's health, safety and environmental plans, risk assessments and method statements against legal and client requirements prior to the work being carried out.
* Plan daily morning site visits across project sites to ensure health and safety measures are in place before works begins.
* Carry out weekly joint HSE inspections with consultants and contractor personnel and ensure all the corrective/preventive actions are closed out.
* Initiate and test emergency response plans and ensure the drills are carried out as per the project schedule and performance standards.
* Follow up on contractor's incident investigation reports are completed and corrective actions are identified and closed out to prevent a recurrence and provide necessary technical guidance for accident protection.
* Conduct regular site safely reviews.
* Liaise with enforcement authorities and prepare and submit monthly HSE reports in conjunction with contractor personnel and to the client.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Shall be bachelor's degree in any of the following disciplines:
* Fire & Safety, Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical, Electronics, Civil, Environmental, Industrial, Instrumentation, Production Engineering or any other equivalent engineering bachelor's degree.
* Shall have 2 or more years national or international diploma in Fire & Safety or Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent Diploma from accredited & recognized National or International Institute i.e. NEBOSH Diploma, CSP etc.
* Minimum 7 years of Experience in Health, Safety & Environment of which at least 3 years were with a recognized international consultant.
* Prior work experience in similar projects
* Shall have Valid First Aid & Basic Fire Fighting Certificate from recognised institute.
* Ability to communicate in written and spoken English.
* Training ability in HSE subjects.
* Ability to conduct incident investigations.
* Knowledge of applicable national and international HSE laws.
* Be fully conversant with leadership techniques used to manage project HSE Issues.
What if we can?
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.