Job description / Role
• Facilitating the implementation of applicable Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental (OHSE) elements of the Management System across assigned assets.
• Monitoring project activities in respect of legal and other HSE compliance, report identified issues and to provide guidance / assistance to operations and maintenance team as necessary
• Identifying and communicating opportunities to improve the Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental
• Management System.
• To assist with the implementation of Project Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Management
• Plans and associated procedures.
• To assist in the preparation and implementation of the Project Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment and Environmental Impact Assessment and associated procedures.
• To monitor all site activities in respect of legal and other HSE compliance, report identified issues and provide guidance / assistance as necessary.
• To allocate daily tasks / areas of responsibility to all HSE Officers.
• To monitor and provide feedback on all HSE Officer completed Site Safety Inspections.
• To ensure that all / any deficiencies identified during inspections are logged in HSE observation Tracker for closure.
• To follow up and ensure closure of any non-compliances identified through Audit or inspection processes.
• To ensure that inspections of plant, tools and equipment are completed in line with Project HSE Action Plan.
• To assist with generation and maintenance of HSE associated contemporary records.
• To participate in Internal and external Audits conducted by internal or external party as required.
• To identify potential HSE training needs and assist with the delivery of HSE Trainings as required.
• To support the implementation of HSE Fair culture and disciplinary processes.
• To report all HSE related incidents to HSE Management.
• To assist with the investigation of HSE related incidents as required.
• To assist with evaluations of subcontractors / supplier as required.
• To assist with preparation of HSE related performance reports for submission as per Statutory, Client and internal requirements.
• Perform site inspections and conduct OHSE audits
• Perform welfare inspections in Worker’s accommodation.
• Conduct Voluntary Training for the workforce
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Science
• Professional OHS Qualification Certified by NEBOSH (IGC)
• Professional OHS Qualification Certified by IOSH (Managing & Working Safely)
• Professional OHS Qualification certified by OSHA (OSHA 30 Hours)
• Safety Management Qualification certified in ISO 45001 as lead Auditor
• At least 10 years’ experience in a similar role in Operation & Maintenance and/or
• refurbishment/construction in the industry, oil & gas, with at least 3 years' experience on water treatment & utilities assets.
• At least 3 years of recent regional experience
• Working knowledge of key local laws and regulations ( eg QCS 2014)
About the Company
Veolia is the world's largest environmental services company.
For over 160 years, Veolia has provided public and private sectors with Water, Energy and Waste Management solutions and services which are vital to human development and sustainable growth.
With over 200,000 employees on five continents, Veolia designs practical solutions for the management (operation, treatment, distribution and/or supply) of Water, Waste and Energy. Through these three complementary activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, to preserve available resources and to renew them.
Veolia Group achieved revenues of EUR 28.5billion in 2021. (In 2020) the Veolia Group served 95mn inhabitants with drinking water, 62mn with sanitation, produced nearly 43mn MWH of energy, and recycled 47mn tonnes of waste.
Veolia aims to become the benchmark company for ecological transformation. Our goal is to build a better 21st century. We therefore see ourselves as #resourcers.
VEOLIA IN THE NEAR & MIDDLE EAST
Veolia has operated in the Middle East for over 30 years, providing innovative and sustainable water & waste services to industries, governments & communities, retail and commercial businesses.
Veolia has more than 3,000 employees in the Near & Middle East and a strong regional network of ~12 offices in the UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey.
Veolia currently has over 6,000 project references of work delivered in the region, and continues to develop new projects through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
HSE Manager - NEBOSH Diploma / NVQ6 - Contractor
HSE Manager (Oil & Gas)
Ignite Search & Selection