Job description / Role
• To devise and implement Project HSE Plans and associated procedures.
• To devise and implement Project Emergency Response Plans.
• To ensure Project HSE legal register is maintained and compliance evaluation reviews are completed.
• To evaluate / review work methodologies and preparation of suitable and sufficient risk assessments.
• To devise and implement active site monitoring programs to verify legal and other HSE compliance, report identified issues and provide guidance / assistance as necessary.
• To devise and implement Project HSE Training Program.
• To participate in Internal Audits or external audits conducted by third-party certification body.
• To ensure closure of any non-compliances identified through Audit or inspection processes.
• To establish HSE related procurement requirements and to conduct technical evaluation and approve of all related products.
• To conduct review of HSE manning requirements and participate in recruitment process as required.
• To mentor and subcontractor HSE staff as required.
• To conduct HSE Team performance evaluations.
• To devise and implement HSE incentive and disciplinary processes.
• To attend all Client / Client Representative meetings and site inspections
• To report all HSE related incidents to Project Management, Clients and Regional QHSE Management.
• To lead or assist with the investigation of HSE related incidents (as required).
• To submit all incident notification and investigation reports to Project Management, Clients and Regional QHSE Department.
• To submit all HSE performance reports to Project Management, Clients and Regional QHSE Department.
• Master/Bachelor’s in Engineering, or equivalent
• At least 10 years’ experience in a similar managerial role in Operation & Maintenance and/or refurbishment/construction in the industry, oil & gas, with at least 3 years' experience on water treatment & utilities assets.
• Professional OHS Qualification Certified by NEBOSH (IGC/NGC)
• Professional OHS Qualification Certified by IOSH (Managing & Working Safely)
• Professional OHS Qualification certified by OSHA.
• Safety Management Qualification certified in ISO 45001 as lead Auditor
• Proficient Communication in Arabic
About the Company
Veolia is the world's largest environmental services company.
For over 160 years, Veolia has provided public and private sectors with Water, Energy and Waste Management solutions and services which are vital to human development and sustainable growth.
With over 200,000 employees on five continents, Veolia designs practical solutions for the management (operation, treatment, distribution and/or supply) of Water, Waste and Energy. Through these three complementary activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, to preserve available resources and to renew them.
Veolia Group achieved revenues of EUR 28.5billion in 2021. (In 2020) the Veolia Group served 95mn inhabitants with drinking water, 62mn with sanitation, produced nearly 43mn MWH of energy, and recycled 47mn tonnes of waste.
Veolia aims to become the benchmark company for ecological transformation. Our goal is to build a better 21st century. We therefore see ourselves as #resourcers.
VEOLIA IN THE NEAR & MIDDLE EAST
Veolia has operated in the Middle East for over 30 years, providing innovative and sustainable water & waste services to industries, governments & communities, retail and commercial businesses.
Veolia has more than 3,000 employees in the Near & Middle East and a strong regional network of ~12 offices in the UAE, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey.
Veolia currently has over 6,000 project references of work delivered in the region, and continues to develop new projects through public-private partnerships and innovative contractual schemes.
|Abu Dhabi||7 Dec|
HSE Manager - NEOM
|Saudi Arabia||25 Jan|
TGC Middle East
|Saudi Arabia||9 Jan|
Group HSE Manager
|Saudi Arabia||31 Jan|
HSE Engineer (Health & Safety Engineer)