Job description / Role
HSE Manager - Doha Metro Project
TOGETHER WE ENSURE URBAN RAIL SAFETY AND EFFICIENCY FOR OVER 3 BILLION PASSENGERS ANNUALLY
THALES GROUP AND THALES IN QATAR
Worldwide, our customers rely on our expertise and innovation of 62,000 people in 56 countries across five markets; Aerospace, Space, Transportation, Defense and Security.
We have been present in Qatar for over 35 years and with over 200 employees to date and we are growing rapidly. Thales in Qatar is part of our Middle East business that has 1,800 people across Egypt, Iraq, Kuwait, KSA, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar and UAE. Our people are working on two major urban rail projects; the Doha Metro and Lusail Tramway and providing security and communications systems for Hamad International Airport and Doha Port as well as delivering world-class In-Flight entertainment and Connectivity systems.
Thales people design solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our world leading Rail Signaling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We, deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.
That is why we rely on our people to help us master the most complex environments for our customers, and careers start here.
WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR AN HSE MANAGER TO JOIN THE THALES URBAN RAIL SIGNALING TEAM IN DOHA, QATAR.
The HSE Manager will be responsible for the implementation of all the HSE procedures on site.
The HSE Manager in reports to Doha Metro Project Director and the HSE Manager Middle East, and has the following responsibilities:
• Support, assist & advise the Project Director to develop, implement, co-ordinate, monitor and maintain the HSE plan.
• Support in implementing all HSE procedures, measures & controls during project on related premises, e.g. construction worksites, site offices, warehouses, others of the project.
• Ensure all personnel in project as well as visitors, sub-contractors and any interested party are fully supported with the guidance, training, equipment, documentation, inspections and audit covering all HSE matters.
• Analyse legal and other requirements (especially those linked to contract) and to deliver the HSE compliance register.
• Analyse risks & impacts and to deliver the risk assessment / environmental analysis of project.
• Define the HSE objectives specific to the project and set up the HSE improvement programme.
• Establish the appropriate organisation and increase awareness/training (especially HSE induction) of projects personnel, sub-contractors, visitors, others involved in project.
• Establish the training matrix based on the need of the project and set up the training plan.
• Establish the required documentation and tools.
• Define, collect and analyse operational indicators, to assess results and to suggest improvements if necessary.
• Set up the reporting and attend project meetings.
• Check and input to safe work method statements, manage work notifications.
• Manage Permit to Work requirements.
• Ensuring immediate reporting of accidents & dangerous occurrences and investigate accidents and report the findings.
• Keep a record of injuries, vehicle accidents, property damage, fires and crane / heavy equipment accidents, etc.
• Interact with the Customer / sub-contractor on HSE matters where required or needed.
• Support Purchasing in selection of sub-contractors & suppliers from a HSE perspective.
• Perform safety inspections, sub-contractor safety audit, sub-contractor accommodation inspections.
• Ensure proper equipment log and inspections wherever required (electrical equipment, ladder, etc.).
• Maintain daily safety inspection reports, sub-contractor's weekly safety reports, scaffolding inspection reports, test certificates for lifting machines and any other inspections required to operate safely on site.
• Ensure emergency response is well prepared.
• Organise the annual HSE Management review.
HSE Manager will carry out this activity in good coordination/cooperation with the HSE Manager of the Customer/Client and of the PMC.
• Qualification in HSE activity with certification, Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or similar.
• A management qualification, e.g. Internal or Lead Auditor would be an advantage.
• At least 5 years of related work experience in managing HSE of large metro/railway projects, HSE experience for large programs (greater than 10 ME budget).
• Knowledge about HSE procedure in Metro projects or rail projects.
• Knowledge of engineering disciplines like Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, etc. is an added value.
• Fluent English language and good communication skills. Other languages could be an added value.
• HSE experience for large programs ( greater than 10 ME)
• Holds a valid licence to drive in Qatar or convertible driving license.
Your contributions to Thales' cutting-edge products make possible the continued delivery of excellence and hundreds of millions of satisfied passengers globally. If your skills, experience and attitude match the above and you are looking for exciting challenges, please apply now using the link below and we will be in touch. At Thales in Qatar, we provide careers - not jobs.
About the Company
With operations in 50 countries and 68,000 employees, Thales is a world leader in mission-critical information systems for defence and security, aerospace and transportation.
Building on its expertise in the most sophisticated technologies and large-scale software systems, Thales is stepping up to the security challenges of its customers in an increasingly complex world. With its global network of 22,500 high-level researchers, Thales has earned particular recognition for its ability to develop and deploy dual civil and military technologies. Leveraging its international operations and spanning the entire value chain from equipment to systems and services, Thales is playing a pivotal role in making the world a safer place.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
HSE Manager (Roads & Infrastructure)
Bin Omran Trading and Contracting (BOTC)
Corporate HSE Manager
HSE Manager - Construction/Real Estate
HSE Manager - CDM Experience
Randstad Middle East