Job description / Role
HSE Manager (Transportation Industry) - Qatar
Linum Consult’s client is major PMC operating in the Middle East. Due to continued growth, they are currently seeking an HSE Manager to provide direction and administrative supervision to their safety & health personnel in Qatar.
• Managing the safety programme in the assigned project by establishing short- and long-term strategies as well as goals and objectives
• Ensuring that the applicable corporate and project-specific safety requirements are integrated into project planning, design, and execution and those projects are design and constructed in compliance with the relevant internal and external requirements
• Providing health and safety technical support and assistance to projects and coordinating HSE requirements with all project personnel
• Participating in meetings with managers, contractors and subcontractors to advise them of any developing health and safety issues which will impact their activities
• Monitoring, reviewing, and analysing proposed changes in health & safety laws or regulations
• Bachelor’s degree qualification in Engineering or Construction, with relevant diplomas/certifications in HSE, such as NEBOSH
• At least 10 years’ experience in both an office-based and on-site health and safety management role
• Excellent technical knowledge of current international and national health and safety laws and regulations
• Strong background within the construction industry, ideally in railway construction projects, or other infrastructure construction projects, interfacing with regulatory bodies
• Membership to a professional H&S institution
• Excellent communication skills, with a strong ability to build relationships with influential people at all levels within and outside the organisation
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.
HSE Engineer - Power Distribution Projects
Health Safety and Security Manager
Specialist Health, Safety & Environment
|Abu Dhabi||9 Jan|
Health and Safety Manager
HSE Construction Supervisor