Job description / Role
HSE Manager (UPDA Grade A Certified)
QR Negotiable Tax Free Package
Digby Morris' client is a highly respected employer in the Qatari market. A privately owned main contractor which employs about 5000 employees entirely in Doha, the company has been operating for about 30 years and has a turnover in the region of $600m per annum. It is largely involved in traditional D&B construction projects including hotels and high rise commercial projects and has recently been awarded a significant building contract as part of the wider development of the new Doha port.
• To promote occupational health and safety awareness, monitor satisfactory completion of occupational health and safety related actions, including risk assessments and training.
• Reports to the General Manager.
Safety Key Accountabilities:
• Monitoring and overall responsible for Environmental, Health & safety in Company Projects.
• Approve Mock Drills and Actions for Safety / Environmental violations.
• To develop, implement and monitor Company Occupational Health and Safety Policy, Programs, and Procedures;
• To assist the company in complying with current health and safety legislation QCS / LABOUR LAW and/or regulations with the objective of ensuring that all reasonable and proper measures are taken to protect the safety and health of employees staff and visitors;
• To increase health and safety awareness at all levels within the organization;
• To investigate and report on all serious/critical personal injury accidents occurring to employees, staff and/or visitors to the appropriate site related senior manager and HSE manager, and to assist in the investigation of all accidents/incidents that result in substantial damage to vehicles and property;
• To investigate and report on complaints of hazardous working conditions to the HSE manager and HSE Supervisor and/or other appropriate senior staff;
• To respond to employees’ safety concerns;
• To conduct, as necessary, the safety inspection of any company facility;
• To assist the Company Joint Occupational Health & Safety Committees;
• To respond to fires and other emergencies on or about company property;
• To coordinate registration and removal of hazardous waste;
• To receive reports from and respond to orders issued by Ministry of Labour inspectors;
• To arrange for Occupational Health and Safety testing and/or evaluations of the workplace by external agencies/consultants as may be necessary;
• To act as liaison with all related governmental bodies and regulating agencies in support of the HSE manager
• To coordinate the training of personnel in areas of safety, including first aid, CPR, accident prevention and investigation, work place inspections and other matters related to implementing safety procedures in Company facilities;
• To coordinate emergency procedures and act as the emergency on-site coordinator;
• To assist executive staff, senior administrators, and supervisors in emergency preparedness;
• To develop, review, and update appropriate sections of the Emergency Procedures Manual;
• To liaise with site related engineers supervisors in Emergency planning, update plans, organize exercises and evaluate procedures;
Role & Responsibilities:
• Directs the resources and activities of the Department to support the HSE programs by providing advice and guidance to the Company Senior Management.
• Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the Department to create a culture that prioritizes effective HSE and balances overall associated costs.
• Review internal HSE policies and practices to ensure they are current and appropriate with the latest national and international practice; conduct hazard and risk assessments and change existing, or develop new recommendations from these assessments.
• Responsible for the staffing and directing the HSE Department, including all Field Safety staff, and coordinate training programs which will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote HSE consciousness.
• Provide regular written reports, as well as other production-related results and updates to the Senior Management.
• Assist project team in investigation of all project incidents and ensure proper records are completed and submitted.
• Actively participate in the scheduling of safety meetings across Company site locations to review HSE performance and policies.
• Address specific reporting and record keeping requirements of OSHA, EPA, etc., as well as other pertinent safety/regulatory compliance matters and to ensure project sites are in compliance.
• To carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company’s Policies & Procedures and any applicable state and federal laws.
• MUST be UPDA Grade A Certified
• Education – A bachelor’s degree (4 year) or higher in Safety, Engineering, or related technical field.
• Experience – 10-15 years of construction safety experience managing project safety.
• Must have very good written and oral communications skills.
• Excellent computer skills required. Must have experience with Microsoft office programs.
• Good negotiating skills. Ability to make good judgments and render good decisions.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – NEBOSH IGC, IOSH, OSHA 10 & 30 trained; OSHA 500, ASP, and CSP a plus.
About the Company
Digby Morris one of the first choice recruitment consultancies operating within the property and construction industry. Offering expertise in executive search & selection, contingency recruitment, interim management and contract placements as well as a comprehensive range of specialist consulting services, we understand that every clients requirement is different and tailor each project to our clients\\' needs.
We specialise solely in the placement of property and construction professionals from graduates to senior managers, partners and main board directors. To date our clients have included:
- Private Practices
- Leisure Operators
- Financial Institutions
- House Builders