Job description / Role
• Carry out the assessment of the interferences risks, with the identification of the control measures to be adopted by the project in order to preserve Health, Safety and Environment.
• Produce and review as required, the Project HSE Plan aimed at defining the control measures to be adopted for ensuring the safe execution of specific project activities.
• Verify the subcontractors’ documents necessary for their access to site and for operating on site, sending the evaluation to the Construction Manager for the formal authorization.
• Report to the Construction Manager and the Projects Manager any deviation from the conditions defined in the Project HSE Plan.
• Verify the immediate and root causes of the incidents occurred during the project execution and produce all the required documents in compliance with the company’s internal procedure.
• Apply the HSE Management System to the Project.
• Monitor the Project HSE aspects through audits and periodic HSE Inspections of the worksite.
• Ensure the issue and the availability of the required documentation at Safety Meetings.
• Take part in the official meetings with Client and in coordination meetings with Subcontractor Representatives.
• Collect and analyze the HSE performance data on the Project and suggest improvement actions.
• Suggest and carry out HSE training and awareness programs to the workforce.
• Highlight unsafe act and/or condition in projects to management.
• Develop a safe working culture within the company and its projects.
• Should hold a degree or diploma related to HSE, along with relevant HSE certifications. Civil Engineering background would be an advantage.
• Should have at least 15 years experience, with the last 7 years in a senior role in mid-sized contracting companies in Qatar.
• Professional memberships would be an added advantage.
• Should have excellent planning, organizing, communication & presentation skills.
• Should be adept at decision making, problem solving and negotiation.
About the Company
Shelter Group is a leading general contracting construction and engineering support services business operating as a "one-stop" house.
For over 40 years, Shelter has executed hundreds of projects in the Middle East and Gulf regions. Across a wide variety of sectors, engineers, designers, builders, planners, project and facilities managers work hand in hand to exceed our clients' expectations.
HSE Manager - Airports
|Saudi Arabia||22 Oct|
HSE Manager - Airport Construction
Opus Recruit Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||8 Oct|
Safety Manager - Aviation