Job description / Role
- Respect and follow up requirements of Health & Safety and Emergency policies, plans and procedures to minimize risk to the employees and the public in compliance with Health & Safety regulation.
- Coordinates with Operation and Maintenance Supervisors and Team Leaders the execution of activities and find solutions to comply with Health & Safety requirements and procedures.
- Perform risk, hazard and ergonomics assessments.
- Applies the site Health & Safety, Quality and Environment rules, instructions and procedures.
- Has to report on any dysfunction regarding the site Network Supervisors and Health & Safety.
- Performs regular site safety inspection and records/reports the findings of any inspection to the network Manager and recommends what measure ought to be taken as a result of the inspection.
- Is responsible for reporting and recording accidents/incidents to O&M HSE head.
- Liaise with sub-contractors and their nominated site safety staff.
- Prepare and provide training, awareness campaigns and technical support to the Network team.
- Diploma or Graduate in Engineering
Other certifications obtained:
- Diploma in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Physical Sciences or a field related to the work. NEBOSH accreditation.
- At least 5 years of experience and O&M network experience would be preferred.
- Conversant with all local and international regulations and best practice in the field of Health and Safety.
- Diploma in civil work and/or industrial safety with at least 5 years of experience in the field of network operation and civil work.
- Good written skills and fluent speaker in English.
About the Company
SUEZ ranks among the world's leaders in water and waste management services. With over 82,000 employees and a presence on all five continents, SUEZ is a key player in the circular economy and the sustainable management of resources.
Through its Water businesses, SUEZ performs the design, construction, operation and financing of water treatment plants and systems. SUEZ also provides water treatment solutions for drinking water production, seawater desalination, sludge treatment, and wastewater purification and recycling.
Through its Recycling & Waste Recovery businesses, SUEZ manages waste for cities and industries, serving more than 466,000 industrial and commercial clients worldwide. SUEZ provides recovery solutions for all types of waste, at all stages of the waste cycle - from collection, sorting, dismantling, recycling and recovery, to specialized services at industrial sites, and marketing of recovered resources.
SUEZ supplies drinking water to 92 million people, delivers wastewater treatment services to 65 million, recovers 16 million tonnes of waste each year and produces 7 TWh of renewable energy.
SUEZ is headquartered in Paris, France, and generated total revenues of €15.3 billion in 2016.
HSE & Welfare Officer
Acciona Facility Services Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||12 Mar|
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
Management Solutions International (MSI)