Job description / Role
Oversees, and adapt policies and programmes to improve the organisation’s Health, Safety & Environmental performance, ensure compliance to local legal regulation and Client’s standards and requirement. Works under general direction of HSE Lead/ HSE Manager and participates in setting assignment objectives and strategies; plans own task schedule to meet objectives. Assists in all area of safety for pre-contract planning and incident prevention.
- To manage a variety of Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) activities to ensure that the organisation complies with external regulations and standards as well as Rotary IMS and HSE management systems.
- To develop, plan, organize and manage the HSE Program for one or more major projects.
- To monitor and evaluate the organisation’s overall HSE performance to identify recurring problem; research, evaluate and recommend changes to technology, equipment, systems or processes that will improve the organisation’s HSE performance.
- To keep up-to-date with proposed and actual changes in HSE regulations so that the organisation’s HSE policy remain current and relevant.
- To recommends and formulate safety policies and procedures.
- To have a complete understanding and application of principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards through education, training and work experience.
- To audit project sites for adherence to local, legal requirement and Client’s requirement.
- To be responsible for and accountable to ensure that work conditions meet the HSE requirements and programs in place.
- To plan and coordinate the training and certification of personnel for safety.
- To coordinate and assure compliance with the Risk Assessment Processes.
- To provide assistance to the site work process with safety planning and incident prevention. To assist construction teams on all safety-related matters.
- To be knowledgeable on the use of air sampling, atmospheric equipment and instrumentation.
- To evaluate and review sub-contractors safety program and procedure on site compliance.
- To generate incentive programs for good safety performance on project level.
- To function as an integral part of the Construction Team.
- To assist in safety audits and safety evaluation process.
- To assist in conducting weekly safety meetings with the Construction Manager. To attend safety/ construction meetings and site inspections as required by the Client and site walkabout schedule with Client.
- To know internal and external accident reporting requirements. Prompt and efficiency on handling of incident and accident investigation.
- To maintain and complete project HSE reports and documentation. To collect, compile and report HSE statistics for the project. Preparation and submission of project HSE report to location Construction Manager and/or HSE Manager.
- Degree / Diploma in Environmental Health and Safety and Risk Management or Diploma in Fire & Safety Engineering
- Professional HSE qualification or relevant safety certification (eg. NEBOSH, IOSH)
- At least 3 - 5 years of field safety experience with relevant safety certification preferably GCC.
- Certification of Oil/ Petrochemical industry safety course for supervisor and occupational first aid is mandatory.
- Higher or Relevant or equivalent certification/ qualification shall be subjected to HSE team review and approval
About the Company
ROTARY is one of the region's leading oil and gas infrastructure services companies with extensive international experience offering fully integrated engineering design, procurement, and construction (EPC) services to the oil and gas, petroleum, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries.
Headquartered in Singapore, Rotary has established a strong presence in the Asia-Pacific region and continues to make its mark as a global player. Established in 1972, Rotary has forged a reputation built on its hallmark traits of providing quality services, within budget, safely and on-time delivery.
Today, Rotary boasts a total strength of over 6,000 employees which include a highly and multi-skilled workforce that forms the mainstay of its core EPC services.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
HSE Assistant Manager
Big Fish Recruitment
Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Officer
Canadian International School (CIS)
|Abu Dhabi||14 Mar|
Upstream Civil Field HSE Supervisor
RTC-1 Employment Services