Job description / Role
• Set up project-specific QA/QC plan, Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) and method statements.
• Set up process for reviewing and managing work of quality consultants, contractors and sub-contractors’ etc.
• Coordinate with Project Manager to evaluate and recommend quality consultant(s) to client for contracting.
• Support, monitor and control the work of quality consultants.
• Conduct regular inspections to monitor the progress of contractor work as per defined quality standards.
• Implement timely and appropriate corrective, preventive and defect repair actions in case of deviations by coordinating with consultant and contractors as required.
• Support and maintain Quality Management Plan.
• Perform quality control process actions by using appropriate tools such as cause and effect diagrams, control chart, flow chart histograms, Pareto chart, run-chart and Schaller diagrams.
• Conduct regular follow up with quality consultants and contractors on quality aspects.
• Attend project meetings and represent all quality control issues and actions.
• Conduct regular site inspections.
• Coordinate closely with Program Managers QA/QC to maintain awareness of QPM’s Quality policy and action Quality management plans accordingly.
• Ensure appropriate usage and application of the Project Management System (PMS) with respect to entry and analysis of work related data for day to day functioning to facilitate seamless communication of all relevant (technical/non-technical) information across the organization on a real time basis for maximum effectiveness.
• Synergize with the project commissioning team to ensure that all projects are meticulously commissioned to deliver world class standards of quality to QPM clients.
• Attend meetings with client for all QA/QC aspects during project.
• Meet client to obtain feedback on QPM’s QA/QC methodologies and outcomes and use the same to make appropriate modifications to site QA/QC program.
• Develop project specific QA/QC procedures, templates, metrics and checklists.
• Prepare various site QA/QC reports as required.
• Coordinate with Project Manager and Director Quality to analyse quality reports and ensure compliance to defined standards in all stages of project.
• Implement corrective, preventive and defect repair actions as decided by Project Manager and Director Quality in case of variations.
• Maintain awareness of industry trends, methodologies, tools and best practices in project site QA/QC control.
• Quality control policies and procedures
• QA/QC processes in construction management
• QA/QC techniques and tools
• QTPs and method statements
• QMS – ISO:9004
• QA/QC planning
• Construction project management methodologies
• Client relationship management and stakeholder management
• Six Sigma
• Program / project management
• Creative thinking
• Analytical and problem solving
• Drive for excellence
• People management
• Cross-cultural sensitivity
• Interpersonal skills
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
|Abu Dhabi||6 Jul|
Health and Safety Manager - Pipeline Construction
|Abu Dhabi||15 Jul|
QA / QC Manager - Airport Construction
HSE Manager/HSE Officer/HSE Engineer/Site Engineer/ QA/QC Engineer
China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC)