Job description / Role
• Diagnoses causes of problems and/or failures in heating/air conditioning systems for the purpose of identifying equipment and/or systems repair and/or replacement needs.
• Inspects HVAC systems and their components (e.g. heating units, building exhaust fans, ventilation units, etc.) for the purpose of evaluating condition, identifying necessary repairs and recommending preventive maintenance.
• Installs heating and air conditioning equipment and systems for the purpose of providing enhanced and/or upgraded capabilities.
• Performs routine and preventive maintenance as needed for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of HVAC systems.
• Repairs heating and air conditioning systems and/or components (e.g. pumps, motors, air handlers, fan coils, piping, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring a comfortable work environment.
• Requests equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining inventory and ensuring availability of items required to complete the necessary installation and/or repair.
• Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all equipment related to the compressed air supply conditioning systems and the production of chilled water.
• Respond to unscheduled and emergency service requests.
• Monitor stock of key emergency spares applicable to areas of responsibility.
• Number required: 25
• Duration: Indefinite
• Working Hours: 48
• Probation: 6 Months
• Other Benefits: Additional QAR 300 (For Food) + Housing and Transportation will be provided by the Company.
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with various levels of staff
• Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions in English, e.g., msds directions, chemical product labels, equipment manuals, work orders, etc.
• Ability to lift and move heavy objects regularly (minimum 60 lbs.)
• Ability to climb steps and ladders and work on roof tops and other high areas.
• Ability to work with required safety and personal protective equipment.
• At least vocational diploma in hvac
• Must have 2 to 5 years work experience as hvac technician
• Basic computer skills is sometimes required
• Objectives: the job of a heating, ventilation & air conditioning (hvac) technician involves the setting up, maintenance and trouble-shooting of industrial hvac equipment's such as boilers and chillers.
• This job requires theoretically knowledge of air conditioning and the production of chilled water as well as practical mechanical and electrical understanding.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).