Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, let’s talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for experienced Sales Specialist with Strong Technical Background to join the IBM Hybrid Cloud Integration Sales team in a Sales role to help drive revenue for app modernization, integration modernization and multicloud management solutions portfolio. This will enable clients to modernize their application and enterprise infrastructure environments.
• The Sales Specialist will work with the client and IBM team to develop a vision for their cloud strategy, leveraging IBM's 14 in 4 Journey to Cloud.
• Become a trusted advisor and evangelist for IBM and Red Hat cloud technologies across many segments within the client - CxO, Line of Business, Developer and traditional IT.
• Use innovative ways to identify and progress opportunities to demonstrate client value - i.e. Design Thinking, meetups, whiteboarding, prototyping, hands-on demos.
• Translate client business requirements into solution requirements, solution architecture and solution design. â€‹
• Integrate the IBM Cloud Middleware Platform Solutions (Cloud Paks) with the customers' existing and future IBM and Red Hat software investments to provide competitive differentiation.
• Demonstrate the ability to interpret industry, market and technology trends as a foundation for our offering and technology roadmaps.
• Communicate value, progress and status of sales opportunities to all stakeholders.
• Possess experience in consultative selling, effective presentation skills and negotiation techniques are key to success in the role.
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company's Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM's global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients' growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life at IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Bachelor's Degree (preferably Computer Science or Engineering)
• 3+ years of experience in sales and technical architecture
• Good understanding of modern methodologies like agile development and DevOps and associated capabilities like automation, orchestration and configuration management
• Good understanding of Kubernetes and Container technologies and open source development model and emerging industry trends like artificial intelligence (AI), agile integration, internet of things (IoT), containers, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), etc.
• Ability to quickly learn and articulate the value of IBM Cloud Middleware Platform Solutions (Cloud Paks), Red Hat's application development portfolio, including Red Hat OpenShift, Red Hat Middleware, Red Hat 3scale API Management, Red Hat Fuse, and Red Hat Process Automation Manager
• Good knowledge or experience with public cloud technologies including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Compute Engine (GCE)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Master's Degree (Computer Science or Engineering)
• 10 years of sales and technical architecture roles
• Red Hat certifications - Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
• Understanding of IBM Middleware technologies
• Excellent questioning, listening, document writing, and presentation skills
• Good understanding of complex enterprise solutions and architectures
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Key Job Details
• Country: QA
• State: Ar Rayyan
• City: Doha
• Category: Sales
• Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
• Position Type: Professional
• Employment Type: Full-Time
• Contract Type: Regular
• Req ID: 294786BR
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.