Job description / Role
• Own and manage the DNO&M hydraulic model build, enhancements and verification / calibration process (whether it is in house or outsourced and /or have a watching brief on QIDMP, Expressway and LRDP modelling activities).
• Provide the modelling expertise to support decision making, localised design activities and enhance operational regimes within DNO&M.
• Undertake gap analysis between present modelling programme and the full coverage required by DNO&M
• Carry out root cause analysis with field support from O&M.
• Establish a model maintenance programme for use aligned to all Doha infrastructure projects (mainly LRDP, Highways Department and Qatar Rail Projects) and Qatar.
• Integrated Drainage Master Plan (QIDMP) and ensure that models are maintained and enhanced in line with the asset handovers.
• Utilise InfoNet for catchment and CCTV analysis whilst the model build activities are undertaken and identify and feedback GIS data improvement as a result of this.
• Develop BAU processes and modelling procedural documentation.
• Develop model build specification suitable for DNO&M.
• Liaise with QIDMP and LRDP to coordinate all network modelling activities, survey work etc.
• Establish the framework and governance to interface with QIDMP and LRDP and establish a Ashghal Modelling Forum.
• Agree Data Sharing protocols and mastering / ownership of models between IA and DNO&M.
• Agree access rights to the model library with LRDP and usage protocols.
• Interface with IA on modelling and ensure the model library protocols developed by LRDP are adhered to.
• Identify knowledge sharing opportunities and alignment activities with the model build teams on QIDMP and Qatar Electricity and Water Company (QEWC).
• Agree IT system for wider sharing of model results availability (e.g. GIS).
• Prepare technical documents for procuring a specialist consultant to build.
• Calibrate / verify models. Establish standard support service requirements for standard data collection activities for modelling i.e. manhole surveys, pumping station surveys, CCTV and Flow surveys.
• Manage contractor and ensure data quality and accuracy and coverage is appropriate.
• Undertake stakeholder analysis and deliver a communications plan to raise awareness of modelling and benefits across DNO&M.
• Roll out training as required including InfoNet to DNO&M asset management team.
• Support Asset Plan development with model outputs and analysis.
• Ensure adherence to Health and Safety Policy and Procedures within the workplace and comply with any new work instructions.
• Minimum Bachelor Degree in Science/ Engineering / relevant subject.
• Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia.
• Holder of current/valid Qatar Driving License.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in wastewater hydraulic modelling including development, calibration and verification techniques, simulation and system capability assessment.
• Ideally at least 3 years’ experience in water supply hydraulic modelling
• Knowledge of analyzing and manipulating data
• Advanced knowledge of the design and operation of sewerage systems.
• Competent to advanced skills level in Hydraulic Modelling Packages, preferable Info Works Suite or similar
• Ability to support strategic changes.
• Ability to influence and engage stakeholders and staff at all levels within the Organisation and
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English is mandatory.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in Arabic is preferred.
About the Company
PSTech is a subsidiary of EMFI Group of companies currently registered to operate within State of Qatar.
PSTech brings years of experience in an effort to provide “very best” in Facility Management and Operations & Maintenance Support Services, our personnel can rapidly and actively familiarize themselves with the project requirement, issues & dynamics, PSTech takes all the appropriate steps in order to provide the services in professional manner using latest standard technology & sound project management with all effective and active procedures.
PSTech’s goal is to address specific levels of service for the Operation & Maintenance by developing and implementing customized solutions for Client facilities. Furthermore, we has created a well-trained workforce, along with improved quality, while ultimately driving down Client total related facility costs.
PSTech has the capability to provide the highest quality and proven experience in Quality Management System QMS, These tailored plans assure business continuity as well as reliable and efficient operation of the entire organization. Typically PSTech performs all work possible with its own internal workforce to the extent that it is cost effective and efficient. This philosophy allows PSTech to control the quality of service that is delivered to its clients.