Job description / Role
TAX Free Contractual Job Opportunity for locally available and experienced Commissioning Technician (I&C) to be based in Qatar has just been made available by an industry leader.
• Reporting directly to the I&C Engineer, Lead I&C Engineer and ultimately to the Maintenance manager, the I&C Technician will fulfil the day to day I&C maintenance activities at the plant.
• Additionally, the I&C Technician is responsible to support major outages of the plant, ensuring that the plant meets availability, reliability efficiency, generation and cost targets, safely and within strict environmental limits.
Qualify, candidate must possess the following minimum Skills/Knowledge, Education/Experience:
• High school education or technical institute graduate or extensive equivalent technical experience.
• Control systems training and experience
• More than seven years’ experience for I&C commissioning
• Permit to work and lock-out tag-out training and experience
• Extensive experience testing, tuning, calibrating, and troubleshooting electrical, protection, and control systems
• Good I&C engineering foundation and practical knowledge of how it applies to modern power plant and desalination plant technologies
• Application of specialist skills such as PLC programming, knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
• Ability to review and understand multi-discipline (mechanical, electrical, control systems, etc.) drawings and documents
• Ability to review and understand OEM supplier drawings and information
• Seek, organize, and exchange information for decision making and problem solving.
• Ability to build effective relationships with superiors and colleagues
• Excellent written and spoken English language skills
About the Company
We know how important people are to a business. We understand what's needed to match highly skilled technical and engineering candidates with some of the largest organisations and engineering projects around the globe. We have supplied talent to the energy, infrastructure, life sciences and IT sectors for over 30 years and we're incredibly proud of our reputation.
Now an international organisation with offices in Europe, Asia, America, Australia, Russia, Africa and the Middle East, we lead the way in supporting worldwide technical and engineering talent and we work with an enviable network of clients. In 2011, we achieved sales of 383 million British Pound.
With more than 4,400 contracted personnel on assignments globally, our position is set to grow stronger as the world looks to develop safer and more sustainable energy resources. The promise of our future lies in our unrivalled insight into the industry: and the talent that works in it.
DCS Commissioning Technician
Electrical, Instrumentation & Controls QC Inspector
|Abu Dhabi||22 Jul|
Supervisor - Electrical
Oryx Engineering Solutions