Job description / Role
IFS - Finance - Country Finance Senior Associate - Doha
Line of Service: Internal Firm Services
Specialism: IFS - Finance
Management Level: Senior Associate
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analyzing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
The country finance support forms a key team within the One Finance community for PwC ME. The team is responsible for all day to day finance operations in country and for the smooth running of finance requirements for countries.
The Job Holder is a key member of the team, responsible for the day to day support and administration required. Responsible for performing accounting work according to PwC Approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for daily finance tasks arising locally in country including country finance processing requirements
• Custodian of country finances including reconciliation and reporting
• Supporting the finance manager overseeing the country, providing task management / support as required
• Ensure all country finance matters are addressed and promptly responded to Customer
• Support the on-time and accurate finance requirements of the country (CSP / COO)
• Coordinate with the finance manager for monthly closing of accounts and finalizing monthly accounts
• Respond to ad-hoc requests in a timely manner
• Prepare standardized reports or summaries, and other documentation required for the function and as directed by the Finance Manager
Learning & Growth
• Adhere to policies and procedures
• Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas
• College level education with a focus in Accounting, Finance or related field required
• Fluency in spoken and written English with excellent communication skills, proficiency in Arabic is an advantage
• 4+ years of accounting experience
• Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills
• Good level of accuracy to a high level of detail
• Good calculation and analytical skills
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
• Good organization and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload
• Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
• Capability to work well in a team
• Skilled in maintaining client relationships
• Good liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
• Good customer service skills
• Good decision making skills
• Strong work ethic
• Ethical Conduct
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? Yes
Government Clearance Required? Yes
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.